So I updated my BB software today.. and this isn't the first time this has ... BlackBerry Bold forum

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3

Question loader backup crashes desktop manager

Advertisement

So I updated my BB software today.. and this isn't the first time this has happened...

I did an update via apploader and at the end it gave an error about the messages not being restored... so I go to my messages on my phone.. and each copy of an email has like 15 copies of it.. so on my device there are 48112 messages!!!

I remember the last time this happened I did an advanced restore and selected the messages database to replace the database on the phone BUT... when I try to load that backup, Desktop manager crashes EVERY time. It doesn't say why.. it just says (not responding) on the bar...

I would hate to lose all my messages =(.. any suggestions as to what's going on? why I have duplicates or why the dm crashes..

If DM crashes with each use, then the first thing to try is to re-install DM. A re-installation will not erase or alter the backup files you want to restore your messages from.