Hi, I often watch videos on my BB9700 (OS 5.0.0.586), but the pre-installed video player ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Collie no está en línea Stack level 2

List of videos

Advertisement

Hi,

I often watch videos on my BB9700 (OS 5.0.0.586), but the pre-installed video player is sometimes behaving rather odd - it displays all video files that have ever been on my memory card. Than, after some use, it displays only the files that are actually on the memory card currently. Then, after I add some new video files in my "blackberry/videos", it goes back and shows the list of all files ever watched which has grown quite big over the time and it gets hard to locate the file I want to watch. Why does it do that and how can I control that?

MRLZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    To keep this from happening simply copy the files onto your computer from your SD card and reformat it on your blackberry. Just how MAC saves shortcuts when saving into a flash drive (you'll have the actual file and a 4Kb shortcut file) same thing happens with the SD card. They're shortcuts that get saved on the card when you save the video but for some reason they don't get deleted along with the video.

Collie no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the answer. So, I need to reformat my SD card each time I want to add some videos to it? That doesn't seem too convenient... BTW, wouldn't those shortcuts be visible when I browse my SD card from my computer? Also, the same thing doesn't happen with the photos, or any other files except for the video, so it looks to me like a bug in the video player.

Is there any other freeware video player that I might install instead of the default one?