Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just wondering: In light of all the 9000 hub-bub, who has made a decision to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

In light of the much-awaited release or the 9000, who's gonna wait?

Advertisement

Just wondering: In light of all the 9000 hub-bub, who has made a decision to wait for the Javalin? Looking for ideas and ANY feed-back. Seen some *posts on this, but no specifics on feelings and personal reasons "why". (Looking for more in-depth...)

*-Here's an example:http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=76925
    Last edited by Jbee; 06-21-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: add-on

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    It seems like everytime there is a release their is someting better on the horizon.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm waiting on the bold for the sheer specs on it.. Its everything I ever wanted in a phone and. more. 3g wifi GPS amazing screen resolution 1gb on board memory. And double the processor we are running now. Personally I think the javelin looks better. But the bold is all I ever wanted in a phone. Just playing a waiting game.

BBSwany no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2552990B
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm waiting on the bold for the sheer specs on it.. Its everything I ever wanted in a phone and. more. 3g wifi GPS amazing screen resolution 1gb on board memory. And double the processor we are running now. Personally I think the javelin looks better. But the bold is all I ever wanted in a phone. Just playing a waiting game.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    Housings & Tools: www.cnn.cn
    Coming Soon...www.The3GBlackBerry.com
    PM Me for Ringtones 8-)

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    The Javelin does look hot, but I'll make my decision if T-Mobile drops them.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm going to wait for the Bold but c'mon RIM...128MB memory?? I guess they don't want me to run a whole lot of apps.. But other than the weak memory for usable apps I'm in love with the phone, and will be in line on the first day

dargewrd no está en línea Stack level 2
    i went to tmobile store today and the manager of tmobile i asked him will tmobile get the bold he said nope tmobile dropped them and they are getting the gphone the google phone in october running android os pricing about 350 to 400 sorry tmobile folks
    Ryan

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3
    I'm finding it hard to believe that T-Mobile US is kicking BB to the curb. If worse comes to worse, I'll get one unlocked from ATT and pop in the SIM (I know, I won't get the 3G, but whatever)...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    It seems like everytime there is a release their is someting better on the horizon.
    Yes, this is true.
    To which I counter with: how long does one wait?

We could wait for a very long time if history is an accurate factor.

Why let life pass you by? .....

Quote Originally Posted by dargewrd View Post
    i went to tmobile store today and the manager of tmobile i asked him will tmobile get the bold he said nope tmobile dropped them
    I place no credibility in this managers statement. After all anyone can make unfounded statements because they want to act like an expert...

via: Red BB 8310

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I don't trust no CC Reps, I'll wait and see for myself. Most of them do not know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I don't trust no CC Reps, I'll wait and see for myself. Most of them do not know what they are talking about.

You....are correct.

And that's the sad state of affairs in every single carriers retail outlets. However those of us which virtually is everyone on this forum & others, are true enthusiasts, knowledgeable about our devices & others, therefore we notice it more than the average consumer.

Then to ad to that "problem" from our perspective is the fact that the carriers do not either pay very well, nor do they provide high quality training. Thus there is little incentive for the sales people to be who we would like them to be. Then there is one other major challenge they face. It the massive inventory of different brands & models they must learn. About the time they get familiar with some of them replacements with all new features arrive. So in this particular field staying on top of product knowledge is very hard.

Thus at the end of the day the one thing that WE can do is our research first, the apply a liberal amount of patience when entering the store. We also have the choice to remember these facts & lower our expectations when anticipating just what we my hear from the store employees. After all they are people too & may not be as "stupid" as they are perceived to be.

Cheers

via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    idk...i wanna see how the Bold looks first.

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    ^^^^ i couldn't agree more....howerver...

i think that applies to 99.9% of the reps out there, but there are a couple of us who know a little bit more that the average joe because we take the time to do our research too....not only that, to use your words, we actually are enthusiasts, which is great. (helps sells phones too by the way)

also, i have never heard anything about a "gphone"...i've heard that the 3rd shawdow is supposedly gonna have android, but that's about it.

the guy probably just wanted to sound like he had a clue.

SanaTizer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e3b2f
    After I touch it in Real Life no matter what I say, I'm sure the Bold will win out over my 8310 and my wife will get another hand me down device..
    The Javlin is a nice replacement for the curve, but I like the 3G of the bold. Now if SlingBox would just release the player for the Blackberry... I'd never need another device ever.... ok so I lied.. at least for this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast