Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

very weird !!!! remember the device has been out in the world for a while ... BlackBerry Bold forum

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

Advertisement

very weird !!!! remember the device has been out in the world for a while and it seems strange that this is only happenning with the att devices.

Where was it made? Wondering if its bad at the facility. Mine is made in canada and no issues with the LED that I have heard in the last couple months before the att release.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    How does the LED work?

What do the colours indicate?

I have never used the LED for anything. Mine is turned off.

TOMMY6030 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I am still not buying 100% that it is a hardware defect. If it worked at the store and then quit, it could be software related.

We shall see, my LED has worked form day one and so have alot of other here.

Lets see how this plays out before we dump on RIM.
    I agree completely. How can I have this many issues alone? It doesn't make sense, but the problem is that nobody at AT&T wants to help me. They just keep giving me replacements so I don't know what else to do

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I can understand having to replace your bb 3 times. I had to do the same exact thing when I first received my curve. The first two suffered from what I call, green screen. All the colors were muddled, had a green-ish tint, and was just not pleasent to stare at.

The tmo reps started to not believe me by the second swap. Luckily, the third one was a charm! But, it was really frustrating have gone through all those phones and paid what I did for unacceptable hardware.

Just hang in there Tommy. Perhaps it's a 3rd party application that's causing this defect?

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'd say don't give up on the Bold just yet but I know how frustrating and disappointing it is to keep having replacements!

never wondered about my LED light, as I always have mine off. The green LED light works fine-but when I have Bluetooth on, the LED does not flash blue (or at all). Any ideas why?

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yikes...this is starting to sound like a manufacturing defect

nardboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was having the same problem, and it turns out, I left the phone in "bedside mode" in the Clock program. I had it set to turn the indicator LED off in that mode. Give that a try.

TOMMY6030 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah, thats what AT&T has thought, but I never set it to bedside mode on either device which is why they kept exchanging units. I still have the bold and my third one is fixed

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    How does the LED work?

What do the colours indicate?

I have never used the LED for anything. Mine is turned off.
    Red means any type of new message.

Blue means BlueTooth is enabled.

Green means you're in an area of wireless coverage.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Green can also mean the phone is charging if you have the phone OFD while charging.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yikes...this is starting to sound like a manufacturing defect
    Why?

If there were 20 posts here it would be a MFG defect but we are not seeing that. We are seeing one Bold owner with problems. I still say it is software related as it worked when he purchased the phone buit did not later.

I would love to wipe and reinstall the OS and see if it is hardware of software.

Maybe the OP will post exactly what he has done with his device from the day he purchased it. What software, etc.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You guys(and gals) do realize that setting LED coverage inicator has nothing to do with bluetooth or message lights right? That is only the green LED that blinks when you have signal coverage.

In order to get the red lED to blink for messages you have to go into your profiles and then edit the current profile. Once you go in there you click on say the SMS option then change the LED notification to on and then how many times you want it to blink. For bluetooth you go into manage connections>bluetooth>menu>options. Then you will again see an option for status indicator when connected.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Mine is a Rogers Bold and it has been blinking out of the box.........boy you poor guys and your ATT nightmare..........you rarely hear of any problems with the Rogers Bolds(touch wood). Im up to OS 190 and I still have yet to experience any issues....

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You guys(and gals) do realize that setting LED coverage inicator has nothing to do with bluetooth or message lights right? That is only the green LED that blinks when you have signal coverage.

In order to get the red lED to blink for messages you have to go into your profiles and then edit the current profile. Once you go in there you click on say the SMS option then change the LED notification to on and then how many times you want it to blink. For bluetooth you go into manage connections>bluetooth>menu>options. Then you will again see an option for status indicator when connected.
    HyperM3 is right on the money....most likely issue!

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Touch wood! Love it! I thought it was, "knock on wood!"

Quote Originally Posted by sgordon View Post
    Mine is a Rogers Bold and it has been blinking out of the box.........boy you poor guys and your ATT nightmare..........you rarely hear of any problems with the Rogers Bolds(touch wood). Im up to OS 190 and I still have yet to experience any issues....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123