I have just discovered something interesting and wanted to share.* I have noticed that sometimes, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

LED Coverage Light After Bedside Mode

Advertisement

I have just discovered something interesting and wanted to share.* I have noticed that sometimes, after I use bedside mode overnight and exit out of bedside mode, my LED coverage light doesn't work.* Instead of doing a battery pull or a soft reset, I simply go in Options and change my LED coverage indicator off, save the settings, then change it back on.* Voila, it works after that!

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    Your Bold shouldn't do that. It should automatically turn back on after you exit bedside mode. At least that is what mine does. It might be a software problem, although I have never experienced this issue.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    I just have my LED indicator off all the time. To me, it is just a battery drainer.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    I just have my LED indicator off all the time. To me, it is just a battery drainer.
    Not to mention the annoying blinking light in the middle of the night.. maybe i shouldnt have it 2ft from my face on my night stand... You all understand!
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-30-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: format edit
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Some of us have a bedside clock and place our Blackberry across the room on the dresser. The green light hardly keeps me awake as I sleep with my eyes closed. The LED light uses so little power it is not worth turning it off. I find it a comfort to be able to look at my device from across the rooms and see an indication that I have service.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    The best and first thing I bought for my Bold was the bedside dock. Just place it in the dock at night and it acts as my alarm clock as it charges!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by novalovr66 View Post
    The best and first thing I bought for my Bold was the bedside dock. Just place it in the dock at night and it acts as my alarm clock as it charges!
    I haven't seen one in person but on the web, that looks like a great accessory. Where did you get yours? What is the brightness level of the clock in the dock? Is it adjustable, or?

Thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    He's referring to the Charging Pod that is available from BB (bundled with an extra USB cable, or it can come by itself, which is the one I ordered).

I have one for my Pearls. What you do is plug one end of the USB cable to your PC and the small end into the back of the Pod. Place the BB into the Pod so that the gold charging contacts on the back of the phone connect with the contacts on the inside of the Pod. The BB logo on the front of the Pod should glow bright yellow (this WILL keep you awake at night, trust me. I have to turn mine away from me to get ANY sleep at night LOL). This is also a great way to keep your Pearl (or other newer BB) upright so the screen doesn't get scratched.

PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    I got it off ebay from sellar talkaccessories. I paid $16.95 with free shipping. It is the real thing also, not a knock off. It is made of metal and is also weighted. There is a glowing light on the back of the pod that you cant see when the bold is in the charger.

You can set the clock to auto dim and set the service indicator to turn off while it is in the charger.
    Last edited by novalovr66; 12-31-2008 at 08:03 PM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by novalovr66 View Post
    I got it off ebay from sellar talkaccessories. I paid $16.95 with free shipping. It is the real thing also, not a knock off. It is made of metal and is also weighted.

You can set the clock to auto dim and set the service indicator to turn off while it is in the charger.
    Excellent, thanks for the info. I like the idea of it being upright and where I can grab it easily if the phone rings.

PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    No problem. Like I said, it is possibly the best accessory that I have purchased!

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    T-Mobile sells the docks for the pearls and believe it or not, the Palm stores sell them for the Bold. My favorite accessory is the dock for the BOLD for the same reason as Novaluvr66. It's a great bedside alarm clock and one more advantage is that you don't put any wear and tear on your mini-usb port on the phone by always inserting and removing. I have had problems with that in the past on some devices and now thats avoided since you just sit the phone in the cradle and leave the plug connected to the dock. FYI... Best phone store in the nation is the Palm Store in Terminal C at Newark airport! Can find pretty much any accessory for any phone there.

PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    It's also small enough to take with you when you travel too!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    FYI... Best phone store in the nation is the Palm Store in Terminal C at Newark airport! Can find pretty much any accessory for any phone there.
    do they have an online store?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17