I saw a similar thread over on crackberry and the guy said a battery pull ... BlackBerry Bold forum

QYV
    QYV no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d492cc

killing me! Media Player stops when message is received

Advertisement

I saw a similar thread over on crackberry and the guy said a battery pull fixed him but I've tried that several times with no luck. Has anybody else noticed this yet? Just got my new Tmobile 9700 (5.0.0.330 OS, Platform 5.1.0.91) and when listening to the media player, anytime there is an incoming message (email or SMS) the media player will stop. The message alert dings, but the music remains stopped. On all previous Tmobile BBs that I used Media Player on (8300, 8900) the message alerts just played over the music which never stopped. Anybody else experience this? Anybody know if there's an option that controls it? I've been all through the manual and options and haven't seen anything that looks like it would control that.

QYV
    PIN/ID
    23d492cc
    um, I tried to edit my previous post and it made a NEW post? I apologize... ops feel free to delete this thread

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you want this thread deleted or the other one?

QYV
    PIN/ID
    23d492cc
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Do you want this thread deleted or the other one?
    well, it doesn't really matter to me as long as there isn't a duplicate My apologies for that. I think you deleted the other one already? totally cool we'll go with this one

QYV
    PIN/ID
    23d492cc
    is there anybody here with a US / Tmobile 9700? If so, can you mention if your media player behaves this way? I'm trying to decide if I have a bad one or if this is normal operation. Tmobile is trying to tell me this is how the 9700 was designed, I have a hard time believing that

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    if you set your alerts to a non sound (vibrate, off, flash, or any combination of those) it wont interrupt your media player. i have an att 9700 with os x.344 and it does the same thing... its when it wants to play a ringtone that it interrupts.

to solve this, i just turn off all alerts when im going to use the media player and care about being interrupted.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah I have this happen on mine too. Kinda annoying. Haven't tried with alerts set to silent yet, hopefully that will help.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine just does it if listening to pandora,its fine through media player

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    I've had this problem both with the 9700 and OS5 on my 9000. It does get corrected with a batt pull, but only temporarily. It seems like after running for a while the fone no longer has the ram to play both at once.

Irritating as hell lol

If n e one finds a fix they'll be added to my will lol