I have a Bold...and it appears to be working fine...one thing I've noticed: when I'm ... BlackBerry Bold forum

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7

Keypad Light...

Advertisement

I have a Bold...and it appears to be working fine...one thing I've noticed: when I'm typing (an email, text or in BBM) the backlight on the keypad & roller ball go out for a few seconds and then come back on. The screen stays lit though. I thought maybe it was the 'auto dim backlight', so I changed it to 2 mins...but the problem is still there. Can I adjust something, or do I need a replacement handset?

Whaddya reckon?

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    There is a light sensor on the phone. The screen will stay lit no matter what as long as you are you using it. The more light that is in the room, the brighter it will be. If there is enough light in the room the keyboard and trackball will go out. Try moving to a well lit room and see if it still does it, then move to a dark room and see what happens.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    You could also change your backlight settings to avoid that. Go to Options>Screen/Keyboard. Then scroll down and turn OFF "automatically dim backlight." You can also change the backlight timer as well.

Swede no está en línea Stack level 3
    Or you could just place your finger over your LED Indicator for a couple of seconds, the backlight on the keyboard will come back on and stay on until it times out again, this is what I do when typing at night, works great......
    Swede

surfwmn7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    so does the backlight on the keyboard only work when it is dark outside? Because on my curve it worked all the time.

On my keyboard settings I have automatically dim backlight to off and the LED coverage indicator as on (i tried changing to the reverse as well) and the only way the keyboard backlight comes on is if I hold finger over led light.

I just got the phone today, so trying to see if the keyboard backlight works with amount of light (or lack of light on it)

russ65 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318985d
    Had tech from my carrier talk with tech from RIM @ they stated thats designed into the phone to conserve battery charge @ if you need keypad lit @ambient light is not dark enough follow SWEDES advice @place finger over led .