I just locked the screen by holding the mute button. After 10 minutes the phone ... BlackBerry Bold forum

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Keyboard lock

I just locked the screen by holding the mute button. After 10 minutes the phone rings and I could not answer it. I saw a little padlock icon in the lower right. The call went to voicemail but I could not get anything to respond on the phone other than the power off button (end button). I turned it off and on with that but the padlock was still there. I took the battery out and rebooted. It came back up fine.

Any clue as to what may have caused that. I thought * send was the secret like my curve but that did not work either.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    you put the bb in standby, but it wouldn't come out of standby to answer your call?

i don't use the standby button, i've always used the "k" pressed for a second and it will lock the phone. to use the key shortcuts, you have to disable 'dial from homescreen' in the options menu of the call log.

The other thing you can do and thats what i do is put the keyboard lock on the left convenience key and the app switcher on the right one therefore when i need to lock my Bold i just press the left convenience key with the edge of my hand - really convenient!