I just updated my OS to .190 and thankfully everything went smoothly. I just have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

DPC
    DPC no está en línea Stack level 3

Just Updated My OS And I Have One Minor Problem

Advertisement

I just updated my OS to .190 and thankfully everything went smoothly.

I just have one minor problem. I did backup everything before I did the update and it seems that my profiles have been reset to the original setting from when I first purchased the Bold.

When I did the backup I made sure that I selected profiles. I don't mind changing my profiles again but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to ensure I don't run into this problem if I update my OS again.

Thanks again and happy holidays to everyone!
    In heaven, all the interesting people are missing - Friedrich Nietzsche

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Go to most recent back up and selectively reload profiles out of it . Happy Holidays
    Last edited by Berryadict; 12-24-2008 at 07:55 PM.

DPC
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Go to most recent back up and selectively reload profiles out of it . Happy Holidays

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I did try selectively reloading the profiles out of it but it didn't work.

From everything I've read it seems as if I'm not the only one with this problem.

Do you personally have this problem? If not do you mind letting me know exactly how you reload your profiles, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4
    I had half that problem after upgrade. The profile for sonme of my apps went to what I had set and some went back to default.

I also have an issue with my thumbnails in my pictures not showing up some do some don't I don't know what to make of that either but overall I'm happy with .190 but will jump for the next official release when available.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DPC
    Quote Originally Posted by carmover View Post
    I had half that problem after upgrade. The profile for sonme of my apps went to what I had set and some went back to default.

I also have an issue with my thumbnails in my pictures not showing up some do some don't I don't know what to make of that either but overall I'm happy with .190 but will jump for the next official release when available.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I actually had that problem and some of my icons, for example the email settings. I sent my service books did a battery pull and the problem was fixed.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    try .210. seems to be te best so far. especially for browser speed.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I had this problem yesterday. For some reason, my profiles just RESET (Haven't done an OS update in at least a week). I tried a battery pull, and nothing.

I then tried using my 2 latest back ups and.. nothing. The profiles stayed the same. Then I tried a backup from about 10 days ago, and MOST of the ringers were restored.. Strange. Not liking this at all.