Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by smooth10 Good point, never thought about a radio program. I guess I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    Good point, never thought about a radio program. I guess I just surf. Over 500 mb of only surfing is a lot!!! You would have to be on web pages with high resolution graphics at all times
    Yeah 500mb of JUST surfing is A LOT of surfing a BlackBerry device, even on the iPhone (although a lot easier to get to 500mb). But if you use some of these great new apps like Slacker, iheartradio, NobexRC, and others, you'll easily go over and not even realize until it was too late.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Why would a Canadian want to listen to US Radio stations?

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Why would a Canadian want to listen to US Radio stations?
    Reason I use NobexRC: full Canadian support so definitely my fav app for radio. Works great.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Ge
    You're right, I just checked the site, it does have Canadian stations. It must have been updated. Last year I tried it and it was strictly US Stations

PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    You're right, I just checked the site, it does have Canadian stations. It must have been updated. Last year I tried it and it was strictly US Stations
    Yeah ever since it updated I've been loving it, listening every day because it easily kills time on Transit buses. If you did the update, go check out "Alberta, Canada" then "100.3 CFBR The Bear" for my fav station here.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3
    Lol wow man I spoke to the rogers rep, she said noone goes over 500 mb's

So moral of the story is stay away from radio apps lol

I like the weather and stock apps, is there any app that allows you to keep track of spending?

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Keep in mind my high meg usage is from downloads.themes, apps,pics,songs and such.I just go( the slacker app resently and haven't used it for a full song yet.

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    LOL yeah not too many do: I'm always the exception to their thinking. LOL. Funny thing is I'm listening to it right now as I type this. Hehe.
    For a good personal finance app that's free, Pageonce, in the App World, is decent as it gives your secure access to many of your accounts (you can even track your Starbucks purchases). Not sure of any others. I use a spreadsheet in Docs2Go for tracking individual stuff.

Hope that helps.

Yeah I didn't think about using those. My friend has the iphone and he has this app that he can just punch in cost and it keeps track of what he spends.

I guess the spread sheets is good

I don't really trust apps that has access to my money lol not saying its bad but banking info is a lot to give up

Ge
    Just played with Nobex for the last half hour, they have some Canadian stations, not a lot.

Sad part, they are not as fully featured as the US stations. They don't list the last 7 songs, no lyrics, no artists info.

It is a start, hopefully it gets better.

Back on topic. I have the 6 Gig plan, and I know if I tether, I will easily use it up. I tried to use up as much as I can one month to see what I could consume

I average about 400 emails a day all work related. I use BlackBerry Messenger and MSN. I took photos and sent them as attachments to people I knew.

I then streamed Moodio and FlyCast every night for a few hours.

The most I could use was 874 Megs, I couldn't even crack the 1 Gig mark.

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I used to average about 150 mb from browsing and email. Mostly google and IM. Now that I've discoverd the app world, pinstack and Nobex I will blow that away. Data is essential on a Berry. It's a real useless phone with a calendar otherwise.

im going thru app world, they have the hockey news, it asked for my email to register...

altho its free to download, does it cost any fees to use it from ur service provider?

im only asking this becuz thescore.ca has a score mobile free to download, but it will charge 3$ fee a month to rogers...

can anyone answer this for me?

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    the rogers blackberry address just uses data. I have the hockey news as well. The only extra costs are subscriptions you pay online seperately. Same as weathernetwork, vigo etc. Just data. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12