Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soon as I got the Bold, I tried to come to pinstack but I kept ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Caligula no está en línea Stack level 2

Just got the Bold today and I have one question please.

Advertisement

Soon as I got the Bold, I tried to come to pinstack but I kept getting the "The XML is not well-formed."

What does that mean and how can I fix the problem so I can come to this site?

Thank you for any response.
    'The tradgedy of life is what dies in the hearts of men while they live" - Albert Einstein

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When i had that issue what i did to fix it is go to :
    Options
    Advanced options
    Browser
    Default browser configuration select Internet Browser.
    That did the trick for me

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    The issue is that it's trying to use the wap browser instead of the internet browser.

Have you got BIS/BES account?

If you do, you need to make sure you've got the service books (Options, Advanced Options, Host routing Table, Register Now)

If you've got the service books then what ranxoren said should do it...

(Had the same issue with one of my colleagues Bolds, he didn't have BIS/BES though).
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

Thanks for your replies guys, but the default browser configuration was already selected on Internet Browser and the registration was complete.

I'm still not having any luck, but the funniest thing to me is that I can access any website from my Bold except for the one site that is for for Blackberries. lol

Go figures...
    'The tradgedy of life is what dies in the hearts of men while they live" - Albert Einstein

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Let's try something else. Load the browser without an address stipulated, and hit Menu, Options. Click on Browser Configuration. Then please scroll down to Emulation Mode. Make sure Blackberry is selected. Hope this helps

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys, but the default browser configuration was already selected on Internet Browser and the registration was complete.

I'm still not having any luck, but the funniest thing to me is that I can access any website from my Bold except for the one site that is for for Blackberries. lol

Go figures...
    What website are you trying to access? Are you trying to access Pinstack? If so, you have to access it via your Internet Browser and not Media Net. (I made that mistake and thought Pinstack wasn't Bold compatible.)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    indeed with pinstack the solution i gave you on post #2 is the one that worked with everybody

GsxRz750 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249F16CD
    I had the same problem when I first got my Bold, and it was the MediaNet browser that I was using as well. No problems now though!
    But since you just got your phone can you tell me if you see a little box with our little "+" in it popup on your screen when you place a call? Don't know if I just never noticed this or if there's something on my phone causing it?!?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rt1168 no está en línea Stack level 1
    A friend of mine gets the little box with "+"'s in it also when he places a call and he can't figure out why. I would also like to know what that is.

Thanks for all the great help ladies and gentlemen.

So I went and tried all the tips that were suggested and still no luck, but I did go to the regular browser and not the MediaNet and I was able to connect to Pinstack without a hitch.

No problem at all after all and it was me using the wrong browser.

Kyo, Gsx thanks for mentioning the browser info.

Gsx, rt1168 I have not seen any "+" when call is made. Hope that isn't a bad news for ya...

ranxoren, thanks for your replies. I do have one more question. What does the "XML is not well-formed" mean?

Again, much thanks to everyone.

The celebration was shortlived...

I now can access the site from the Bold but I can not not post in any threads. When I try to submit a new post, I again get the XML is not well-formed.

Help? Once more please???

PIN/ID
    249F16CD
    WoW, your Bold doesn't like you huh? Have you tried reloading your device's software? I'm using ATT and I've had some intermittent issues before, but I backedup mine and then did a wipe and reloaded everything with no problems. Maybe try doing that and see if it helps...
    ~via Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gsx, thanks for the reply.

For some strange reason now its working properly.

*shrugs & scratches head*

PIN/ID
    249F16CD
    No problem! Hopefully your Bold will now show you the same love that mine has shown me!
    ~via Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Gsx, thanks for the reply.

For some strange reason now its working properly.

*shrugs & scratches head*
    Lol, best just to leave well enough alone and pray nothing changes. Hope you continue to enjoy your Bold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast