Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just getting the kids n the car and transferred my bold from my back to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

just dropped my bold on the tarmac!!! help

Advertisement

just getting the kids n the car and transferred my bold from my back to my front pocket so i didnt sit on it and it slipped out my hand, landed face down on the playground tarmac. Picked it up thinking the worse but luckly the screen is intact but it has several indents on the chrome bezel and black bit of plastic under the space bar.

are these bits i can replace at home and buy online or would it have to be taken in to be fixed?

just to make matters worse i had a belt holder thingy on order from a supplier in the uk and it hasnt been sent on the release date so techinically would have been in that today!!

that tops my week off as the missus dropped her iphone at the beginning of the week completely wrecking it!
    Last edited by stolt; 10-18-2008 at 07:11 AM.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    http://cnn.cn has the replacement parts for the Bold. The OEM bezel is $13 and I'm sure you can follow the step-by-step instructions and replace the bezel.

Good luck!
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Stolt, you're having a bad week!

FYI, be aware that cnn.cn has good prices and is a good company but their shipping is slow in my experience. (It comes from China and it's like they put it on a boat to send it over...but it'll eventually get to you.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    You didn't receive a belt holder wuth your phone? We must get that extra being from Canada. LOL
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    I have ordered quite a few things from cnn.cn , and never had a problem with them. prices are good,and the shipping wasn't horrible. about a week and a half.
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    That's a bad week! I'm really sorry that happened to you. I do home you can get if fixed. Good luck! via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hi everyone, yeah i couldnt believe it. I even told my missus off for dropping hers and then i go and do the same a few days later, what made mine worse is mine is only a couple of weeks old.

been onto cnn and ordered the bezel, bottom blank, screwdriver and a screen protector, hopefully its not too hard to do, looked at the video on there and its the snapping of te case out that looks the hardest part. But i'll give it a go, (you watch i'll be on here a few weeks crying how i've just damaged my phone by taking it apart!!!)

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by stolt View Post
    hi everyone, yeah i couldnt believe it. I even told my missus off for dropping hers and then i go and do the same a few days later, what made mine worse is mine is only a couple of weeks old.

been onto cnn and ordered the bezel, bottom blank, screwdriver and a screen protector, hopefully its not too hard to do, looked at the video on there and its the snapping of te case out that looks the hardest part. But i'll give it a go, (you watch i'll be on here a few weeks crying how i've just damaged my phone by taking it apart!!!)
    Buddy don't worry, taking the bold apart is rly easy. When i watched the video i thought i would not do it but after doing it i was like wow this is so easy. Just do it calmly and easy.
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

thanks, yeah well i'll wacth it through a few times before actually getting on with it. and then start slowly. its doesnt look too bad but then if i get something wrong i coudl end up with a Ł400.00 calculator!

just to update i got my parts from cnn today. and i watched the youtube video for a few mins and finally swapped the bezel over today. really easy, well i had a few minor pros putting the new bezel on (phone jack port wouldnt go in, but a little force did the trick) and the phone looks brand new again...

bought a screen film for it and cocked that up (tiny little hair under the film!! arrgh) will have to buy another and do that properly!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Glad you're back in shape. A Razr I'd previously owned, and the Curve I'm currently using, have fallen out of shirt pockets.
    Have heard that when you drop an iPhone you might as well order a new one. Was your wife's wrecked?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    My advice to you would be... bubble wrap lol jk

Just be careful next time, I know how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Glad you're back in shape. A Razr I'd previously owned, and the Curve I'm currently using, have fallen out of shirt pockets.
    Have heard that when you drop an iPhone you might as well order a new one. Was your wife's wrecked?

hi the iphone was repairable in the end, but sold it for Ł95 damaged and bought another for Ł185.00. where the iphone had dropped on its edge from a height and the casing was split open and glass cracked etc.

its probably something i could have done myself after doing the bold but at the time i didnt know it was possible . but the guy who bought it said he maks a decent amount of pocket money buying broken phones and repairing them and selling them back on as new!!!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Sorry for the loss of your wife's phone, and the expense of replacement and repair.
    I guess with all the stuff going on while parenting younger kids, an Otterbox Defender may be called for. Be well my friend.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Stolt, you're having a bad week!

FYI, be aware that cnn.cn has good prices and is a good company but their shipping is slow in my experience. (It comes from China and it's like they put it on a boat to send it over...but it'll eventually get to you.)
    I hate this company

I ordered a housing from them September 2007

It still has not arrived.

I called them, emailed them and just asked for a refund. I gave them my reference number for the order etc. They found it. They agreed to credit my PayPal account.

I still have not received my credit.

$55 down the toilet. PayPal refused to help me because it was past 30 days when I made the complaint.

Bottom line, I am out $55 USD and I will NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN

Good thing the exchange rate at the time was almost at par. If I ordered today, I would be out $70 Cdn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast