Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by vel4769 Why does the T-mobile column say that the 9000 is worth ... BlackBerry Bold forum

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vel4769 View Post
    Why does the T-mobile column say that the 9000 is worth $350, when all the other carriers say $300. Is it that T-mobile plans to charge their customers more $$$ for the phone?
    that's what everyone is reporting, yes. tmo will be $50 more than the other carriers. no one really knows why.

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    probably because they need a completely different 3g radio than the rest of the world...

PIN/ID
    LESS
    the $50 more would probably for the UMA capatibility. I still don't believe it will be a July release..More like a June release. As far as i have heard from our people in our Texas distribution center the phones are already there. Just waiting for ATT okay to ship to stores.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    The trackball looks a little dirty...lol.
    Its their demo model!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

johu65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24470e33
    I bet suncom will never get this one!! Hope so thoughN i would like to try it!! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    the $50 more would probably for the UMA capatibility. I still don't believe it will be a July release..More like a June release. As far as i have heard from our people in our Texas distribution center the phones are already there. Just waiting for ATT okay to ship to stores.
    If thats the case, lets make a trip to texas!!!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c
    Nice indeed. I'm definitely getting one.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    What are the odds of a Verizon model have ANY of the actual functionality that's been released so far? Since they lock down the GPS on my 8830 (without paying $4.95 per month for VZW maping), I wonder if they will allow you to use the GPS or the WiFi. I'll wait til AT&T releases before deciding whether to dump VZW. I love their call quality, but I have to say, I'd trade it for GPS & WiFi (and camera since my 8830 doesn't have a camera).

g_patrick15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435646F
    Quote Originally Posted by johu65 View Post
    I bet suncom will never get this one!! Hope so thoughN i would like to try it!! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    T-Mobile recently purchased Suncom, so maybe by september they'll have started to migrate the customers over

ghettochild no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Can you expand on that? Who are "your people," and what's "your TX distribution center?"

Thanks.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by untjoker View Post
    ....wifi does not go by frequencies
    Wi-Fi is a radio signal. Just like cell phones, cordless phones in the home etc.

They _ ALL _ operate on frequencies.

The most common WiFi standard is 802.11b which operates on a frequency of 2.4 GHz

Cheers!

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Wi-Fi is a radio signal. Just like cell phones, cordless phones in the home etc.

They _ ALL _ operate on frequencies.

The most common WiFi standard is 802.11b which operates on a frequency of 2.4 GHz

Cheers!

Actually, the most common wifi frequency is a, b is only used because it is a slower, and cheaper frequency to use (aka why it's in most cell phones) thereby making it a lower cost alternative when using it in consumer devices. Let's not even get into G, N, MIMO, etc........ Thanks for correcting me though
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
    Can you expand on that? Who are "your people," and what's "your TX distribution center?"

Thanks.
    Agreed..have to call BS on that because big launches for devices are direct shipped for a JIT (just in time) delivery before a launch. this is specifically to prevent dumb/greedy sales people from selling a device before it's slated time.
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

l0singthewar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24233b3f
    Quote Originally Posted by vel4769 View Post
    Why does the T-mobile column say that the 9000 is worth $350, when all the other carriers say $300. Is it that T-mobile plans to charge their customers more $$$ for the phone?

It's most likely because t-mobile has additional features built in to their OS that other providers do not offer. I.E: myfaves, and UMA calling .

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by untjoker View Post
    Actually, the most common wifi frequency is a, b is only used because it is a slower, and cheaper frequency to use
    ----
    It's important that the readers are not mislead. The most common standard for over 10 years is 802.11b. This is not a frequency as you have stated. The frequency that 802.11b operates on is 2.4GHz. While their are other increments, they are not used for any public WiFi hot-spots such as those in Starbucks, hotels, airports etc. Plus it has nothing to do with costs as a,b,g,n are all deriviatives which use the same hardware which is simply tuned differently. Proof of that is that they are all backward compatible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast