So I tried transferring a TV show that I downloaded (not rented) from iTunes (m4v ... BlackBerry Bold forum

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2

Question iTunes Downloaded Videos on the Bold?

Advertisement

So I tried transferring a TV show that I downloaded (not rented) from iTunes (m4v format) to my Bold. I used mass storage mode rather than any of the software, BB MediaSync, etc.

When I loaded up the video player, I got an error message that it was an unsupported file type. I am assuming it has something to do w/ Apple's DRM.

Anyone know a way around this?

Is there some software I can use to convert the m4v's from iTunes to a format that will play on the Bold?

Will the Roxio software that came w/ the device do any sort of conversion (note that based on my past experiences w/ BB's Roxio software I would strongly prefer to not install this software if I don't have to - it's clunky and runs all sorts of processes in the background and is really a PITA to uninstall)?

Otherwise, is there any other web service I can use to download DRM free movies and TV shoes to put on the Bold? Went to Amazon's VOD and it looks like you need their player to play the actual video.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited. I was really hoping to be able to use the video features on the Bold like I would on an iPod.

Thanks
    Last edited by EricScott; 11-05-2008 at 03:38 PM.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    You can use Any Video Converter ( google it..thats the name of the software ) or I think DVD Video Soft will also convert it...

You need to convert it into 3GP format
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Tried AVC and didn't seem to work at all for me. What I really need is something that can strip out the DRM. I also tried Daniusoft Media Converter and DoubleTwist and neither worked.

Daniusoft actually converted an iTunes video but it was very clunky and literally loaded iTunes to play the video to strip the DRM....however it looked like it was almost taking a screen dump, b/c other windows that were open on my desktop showed up on the new video.

DoubleTwist seems like the ideal product and they claim they support video but it didn't work. Also they don't have the built in Bold profile yet. When you plug the Bold in, it recognizes a BlackBerry but puts up a graphic of an old BB 7200. So who knows what it is trying to do. Emailed their customer service to request a new profile so we'll see what happens.

Any other suggestions....this is really important to me. I don't plan on really burning too many DVDs - aren't they copy protected anyway? What I want to be able to do is, go to iTunes, download whatever I want and then somehow convert it and put it on my Bold. Otherwise I don't see myself ever really using the video features which would be a bummer.

Thanks

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    You can use Any Video Converter ( google it..thats the name of the software ) or I think DVD Video Soft will also convert it...

You need to convert it into 3GP format

I don't think you need to set it up that way. My videos on mine are set to avi @ 320x180 and they work fine for me and I use Blackberry video converter