i've had my bold since 12/2008 and i love it, dont get me wrong. but ... BlackBerry Bold forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

itching for the 8900

Advertisement

i've had my bold since 12/2008 and i love it, dont get me wrong. but i've been itching for the 8900 for its small form factor and spacing between the keyboards, since i had the curve before the bold. i know the bold has 3g and the 8900 only has edge. but i honestly dont really care for being able to get my emails while i'm on a phone conversation. i know the bold is more beefier in performance and i heard 8900 is a bit sluggish. has anyone here dont any comparison>? im interested in hearing your opinion.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    the 8900 has EDGE as well as edge hehe

I haven't heard that the 8900 is sluggish. Anyone?

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its slightly more sluggish. Nothing aweful, but if you are used to multitasking on the bold, you will notice a significant difference. I love the new 8900 and supposing that the rumor about coming to att in february is very tempting. I have to say, they keyboard of the bold I still love. When using both hands, the curve is fine, but the bigger keys make all the difference when using one hand to make calls, send quick messages, or browsing the web. I can't knock the 8900 in anyway, but it's definitely more for the regular consumer. Edge is also fine for everything but media streaming imo. My browser isn't slower on edge than 3g. Definitely a personal call.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade View Post
    Its slightly more sluggish. Nothing aweful, but if you are used to multitasking on the bold, you will notice a significant difference. I love the new 8900 and supposing that the rumor about coming to att in february is very tempting. I have to say, they keyboard of the bold I still love. When using both hands, the curve is fine, but the bigger keys make all the difference when using one hand to make calls, send quick messages, or browsing the web. I can't knock the 8900 in anyway, but it's definitely more for the regular consumer. Edge is also fine for everything but media streaming imo. My browser isn't slower on edge than 3g. Definitely a personal call.
    I multi task on my Curve 8320 (music, internet, text, note taking all at the same time) now and it isn't that that bad. So how I see it, the new Curve must make things a little better with a faster processor and more memory.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    The 8900 is faster than the 8320. One of the first things I noticed.
    ~via smartphone~

DianaG no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AA91F4
    I've had my 8900 for almost two weeks now and I haven't been able to put it down once! I've tried the storm but since I'm not into touch screens, I prefer the 8900. I don't need to read my emails while on a call either so not having the 3G option is no great loss for me. In short, I love my 8900! Being a woman, I don't need nor care for the larger BBs. This one fits perfectly into my life and hands. Great Job RIM!~via curve 8900 smartphone~

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    I multi task on my Curve 8320 (music, internet, text, note taking all at the same time) now and it isn't that that bad. So how I see it, the new Curve must make things a little better with a faster processor and more memory.
    I agree. However, if you've used the Bold, its fast. No comparison to the 8300 series. The 8900 with be faster than 8300 series. Lag is relative also. I never noticed the lag on my 8310 until I got the bold and then used my 8310 occasionally.