Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have set up my Bold for mass Storage like my Curve was setup and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Issues with Mass Storage on my Bold

Advertisement

I have set up my Bold for mass Storage like my Curve was setup and I can not see the Flash drive from My Computer. I used to plug in my Curve and then it would pop up with the drive so I can transfer file from my computer to my Curve. For some reason it is not working on my Bold. I have set the device up for Mass Storage and to prompt me when connected via USB. it is not working. I tried everything that I know of.... Is anyone else having these issues with there Bold?

The only time that I see the Flash drive/ microSD is when I use my computer at home that has the OS installed on it, but any other computer I cannot see the drive...

Any assistance would be appreciated! Thank you to everyone in advance......
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    What OS do u have on the computer where it doesn't work? Xp? 2k?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Are you talking about the Bold's on board 1gb memory or the actual inserted memory card ?
    Also yeah what computer are you using ? Because Macs wont mount the 1gb on board on the desktop for some reason whereas on XP it mounts both memories

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I am referring to the MicroSD card and I am running Windows XP.... No, MAC involved!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    When u plug in the bold into a usb slot... Do u see the "add/remove device" icon on the bottom right... Or does absolutely nothing happen when u plug in??

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    When u plug in the bold into a usb slot... Do u see the "add/remove device" icon on the bottom right... Or does absolutely nothing happen when u plug in??

The only thing that happens is that the local 1gb shows up with folders, but the microSD doesn't come up with the files that I have stored on it!
    I have set up plenty of Blackberry's here at my company that I work for, but mine for some reason never comes up.... I am one of the IT techs that setup Blackberry's for the BES. NEW JOB!!! Yeeeaaaaaahh (lil jon voice)....

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Oh... well... U know more than me it sounds like...maybe there's a conflict with the drive names??

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I am not sure, but I am going to reinstall the OS and give that a try, but it might not be this due to it working on my home computer.

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I see you said you enabled mass storage in options but try changing auto enable mass storage mode when connected to yes. :shrug:

I know it's silly, but who knows.

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by quinto1025 View Post
    I see you said you enabled mass storage in options but try changing auto enable mass storage mode when connected to yes. :shrug:

I know it's silly, but who knows.
    Are you referring to 'prompt' enable???

PIN/ID
    AskMe

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I have already tried that as well before even posting this thread...

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    Are you referring to 'prompt' enable???
    On the bold the option is actually called, "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected"

Which means it will NOT prompt you. Like I said though, Just a silly suggestion.

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I figured it out..... I should have done this from the beginning... I rebooted my computer and then it picked it up as a external drive.... There you go! When indeed reboot your computer as I have done whenever something is not working with a users computer at work.......... lmb@ao

Thank you to everyone that helped trouble shoot this issue with me!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Haha the good old computer reboot :P
    We all do battery pulls on our blackberrys how come we didnt think of that ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    The only time that I see the Flash drive/ microSD is when I use my computer at home that has the OS installed on it, but any other computer I cannot see the drive...
    Are you going to try rebooting every other computer you tried it on just to be sure ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast