Has anyone with a Bold experienced any of the following? - 3.5mm jack that requires ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Thumbs down Issues cropping-up on Bold (AT&T)

Advertisement

Has anyone with a Bold experienced any of the following?

- 3.5mm jack that requires jiggling to get it to connect with the sound source? I have to wiggle my jack in order to get it to seat properly. It also makes loud crackling noises when seating.
    - Bold doesn't time sync with network even though I have 'network' selected. It loses a few minutes each day and I have to manually sync it a few times per day.
    -Dropped Calls: This is either an AT&T 3G or a Bold issue. I've never had so many dropped calls with my previous Blackberries (8820, 8700). I'd say in an average week, my phone drops, or has at least 10 failed or dropped calls. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it my Bold or the 3G network? I'm in the DC Metro area and coverage is more than adequate-supposedly.
    - The track ball is better than on my first Bold, but it still sticks and often requires cleaning. (Perhaps the track pad that's coming is a better solution.)
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    Honestly sounds like a problem with your Bold. I have never had a problem with my headphone jack or with the network time. It keeps the correct time and has never been off. As far as the dropped calls, very rarely do I drop calls. Either on 3G or on EDGE.

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Smile I thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by novalovr66 View Post
    Honestly sounds like a problem with your Bold. I have never had a problem with my headphone jack or with the network time. It keeps the correct time and has never been off. As far as the dropped calls, very rarely do I drop calls. Either on 3G or on EDGE.
    I was hoping it wasn't my Bold. This will be second one I've had problems with. Thanks for the quick feedback!
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't have a Bold, but if you can turn off 3G in the radio settings I would try that. Maybe you will have better luck with calls on EDGE?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    You can not turn off 3G on an AT&T Bold. Unlike my Rogers unit that I run on AT&T, you are at the mercy of the carrier.

It sounds like the OP has a bad Bold and as it is his second unit, I wonder if someone is giving him used units. I have owned 3 Bolds and not had the first problem with any of them
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Well, idk about 3g network, because where I live there is only EDGE service and that's on a good day when there is a slight breeze from the southwest at 7 mph and there is a contant flow of geese flying in a triangular formation from sw to ne at 6mph. I have dropped calls and call failure all the time. I get a loud crackling and "whishing" sound like someone is blowing into the phone several times during calls. I'm on my 3rd Bold. And they have now said its a service issue and not a device issue., but everyphone that I have had from att has sucked. In the past two years these r the phone I have gone through:

3 razors
    2 samsung sidekicks
    2 LG shines
    3 Blackberry curve 8310
    And I am now sitting on my 4th Blackberry Bold, in which the LCD sreen is now doing the same thing the last 3 have done, which is change colors, freeze up, gets lines through it then fades out to white, then comes back. I am really beginning to wonder what is happening to the att wireless company and network. And to boot, the customer service is the least knowledgeable group of people I have ever dealt with. So, I share in your frsutration.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I think its maybe user related, I am pretty rough on phones, and other then when I am at home (i live in a vally in the middle of stinkin town where reception is spotty lol) and in 10 years Have only been through like 5 phones

are you sure your not showering with your phones or something
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

rjosephm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    You can not turn off 3G on an AT&T Bold. Unlike my Rogers unit that I run on AT&T, you are at the mercy of the carrier.

It sounds like the OP has a bad Bold and as it is his second unit, I wonder if someone is giving him used units. I have owned 3 Bolds and not had the first problem with any of them
    Debrand the damn thing and you'l love the phone

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Oh, and I forgot, I have paid for 4 brand new devices from att and then later been informed that instead of receiving the new device I had payed for, they were refurbished. I am not a happy camper. And what makes me the mst angry, is the way I have gotten the replacement devices I have, att has required me to resign my contract, or I would basically be SOL. So, they screw me over and over and lock me n. I feel ur pain. I really do.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    First off what os are you running. If it .167 UPGRADE for god sakes. The audio jack issue may be the device itself or how your connecting it. Is it for a car stereo or headphones. Could be the accessory. The dropped calls is probably os not carrier although it could be but if your on .167 that's what I would point at. I'm rough on my bold and its fine. Sticky track ball every now and then but nothing a little cleaning won't fix.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    No, I'm not .167. I am .214 and no, I'm not hard on my phones. My phone look like they are brand new out of the box 6 months after I have them. Seriously. I baby my phones like they r my children. Maybe THAT'S the problem. Maybe I should start chunking them around and spilling stuff on em.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    lol, no no. Keep babying them. It may very well be the network causing your call drops. If its just now appearing that's probably what it is. I'm on .266 with my bold and no issues at all. With the audio port issue. Try another accessory and see what you come up with. ,

michaelajones no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have also had this same thing with the audio jack - every time I insert it, I have to wiggle it to get the speaker to dis-engage and the headphone to engage, and it makes a little cracking noise.

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Quote Originally Posted by rjosephm View Post

How do you debrand the bold.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by rjosephm View Post