Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i tried to find a way to copy all my contacts on to my simcard ... BlackBerry Bold forum

whaitdo no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there a way to copy all your contacts on to your simcard?

Advertisement

i tried to find a way to copy all my contacts on to my simcard but can't figure out how to do it..

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    This is one of my main gripes about RIM devices-you have to do it one at a time. Its a pain, but that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    This is one of my main gripes about RIM devices-you have to do it one at a time. Its a pain, but that's the way it is.
    and how do you do it?

PIN/ID
    nada
    open your address book, click on one of your contacts, tthis will open a new window with the name and number, then hit function (blackberry button), then you will see a drop down box, scroll up or down till you see copy to SIM phone book, press enter with trackpad, and a new screen that says Phone book entry will appear, press trackpad again and select save
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Okay thanks

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Yes this is my pet peeve. Why can't they just make a function that copies all the entries. It's about time they do that!

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm waiting on a function like this! My sim card fried last year so I had to change sim card, lost all my contacts from the sim! :/ good thing I had back up so got them back thru the dm

PIN/ID
    nada
    Who knows, maybe OS6 will address this, they sure need to.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    The SIM is pretty much useless except as a means to activate your phone. E.g. I typically have 3 to 5 phone numbers per contact + 2 or more email addresses + home & work address and notes....the sim card isn't capable of this data storage especially for over 1,000 contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    The SIM is pretty much useless except as a means to activate your phone. E.g. I typically have 3 to 5 phone numbers per contact + 2 or more email addresses + home & work address and notes....the sim card isn't capable of this data storage especially for over 1,000 contacts.
    I agree. I don't see any reason why I would want to copy all my contacts to SIM.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ditto.....sim can't handle multiple numbers and emails per contact. DM is the way to do it......

what about if my blackberry decided to take a swim? and the only phone available is a razr? then what do i do...?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

I have a Blackberry 7290 (available at Ebay for anywhere from ten to thirty bucks) and do weekly backups - if my Bold goes for a swim, I simply restore everything to the older BB from my previous backup. The 7290, btw, was the best BB ever until the 9700 came along - - - -

yea but thats going from a bb to bb.. what about a bb to a non bb device
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    yea but thats going from a bb to bb.. what about a bb to a non bb device
    Sync with either Outlook (locally) or your wireless service. T-Mobile has a service where they automatically sync, backup, your contacts whenever you make a change or when you invoke. I was on Nokia devices for a good portion of 2009, and that's how I got my contacts when I switched back to BB about 6 months ago. I would think but don't know that other providers provide similar services. Plus, every smartphone on Earth syncs with Outlook. Additionally, there is software available (I'm too lazy to find it now [grin]) that reads the information in backup files generated by DM -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast