Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

All Blackberries, and other cell phone/PDA's are overpriced. Just think, those of us who have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Advertisement

All Blackberries, and other cell phone/PDA's are overpriced. Just think, those of us who have them (or multiple devices) are the ELITE!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    - Bold. $199
    - Storm $199
    - 8900. $99
    That what the pricing should be, but the thing is att wont have more customers if they keep the prices so high, they probably put the 100$ higher coz they still want people to get the iphone instead of a bold, of course majority will go for the iphone coz its cheaper. I hope the 8900 will be in the 100-200 range
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

DoUhOllee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Unquestionably overpriced.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    That what the pricing should be, but the thing is att wont have more customers if they keep the prices so high, they probably put the 100$ higher coz they still want people to get the iphone instead of a bold, of course majority will go for the iphone coz its cheaper. I hope the 8900 will be in the 100-200 range
    You have a good point on pricing. However I'm certain that AT&T was not thinking that way about iPhone pricing. Apple is a very arrogant controlling company which rules pricing of their products with an iron fist. AT&T clearly got involved with Apple for two reasons in this order:
    1) To benefit from the attention the iPhone would bring to AT&T
    2) To have just one more phone to sell.

A big company like AT&T focuses first & foremost on the business rather than opinions on individual preferences.
    sent via BlackBerry

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Not to mention, the price-point difference is the same across carriers. AT&T in the States and Rogers in Canada both have a $100.00 difference between the devices.

I bought my Bold from a Rogers reseller who was offering several bonuses for purchasing it. This included $200 in incentive bucks for making purchases at Costco. I make a lot of purchases at Costco, so my bottom line on the Bold was 199.99.

You just have to look for the deals. Resellers ROCK!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just don't get it. Why are so many people whining about the price!? It is priced in-line with other top-tier Blackberry devices. The Curve and Pearl are bottom tier devices and they are priced accordingly. I paid just as much for my 8800 when it came out (actually, the 8800 is STILL over $300 at my local AT&T store). The Bold is not a Curve...it's the latest and greatest from RIM. If it's too expensive, keep your Curve or wait for the Javelin.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Because people all want more for less.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I mean $299 plus the $100 rebate/gift card knocks it down to $199, thats not too bad for the best phone in the world

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    I find the price to be ridiculous for a few reason...

1) the storm from verizon costs more to produce and will be sold for less with the contract. Lets just see what the no contract price will be.

2) A 3G blackberry was long over due. We should have seen a 3G device from Blackberry along time ago. I am not referring to July of this year. We should have had one before that!

3) Blackberry is an email device and all that but I do find the price of the phones to be ridiculous. Phone prices are getting higher and higher and for what! In other industries as new products come out the prices drop. With cell phones the prices only drop cause of the contract but the regular price of the phones rarely if ever drop.

4) Yes the bold is beautiful. But if you just want email and faster internet why do need all the rest of bells and whistles. Many like them but not everyone is willing to pay for them or let alone use them. Any blackberry I have owned I never used the media functions except for ringtones.

I should be getting a bold soon but I am selling an iPhone 3G to basically fund this since I must pay the no contract price for the blackberry! I just miss blackberry too much!

jgerv no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't understand how the majority of the people in this thread feel the subsidized price of $299/$199 on a contract by your network provider is expensive for a flagship phone of a certain brand. As already alluded to earlier in previous post, they are just following past precedence in pricing of the Bold's predecessors.

To see why the phone costs what it does, look at other flagship phones from other brands; Sony Xperia, HTC Touch HD, Apple iPhone 16gb... then look at their respective retail prices. They're all above the $500-700 price range. For me, $200 for a phone is not bad when resigning a contract. If you don't like the Bold sell it, you'll be able to get close to $500 for it, then buy whatever else you think suits you better.

You can't ask your provider to sell a flagship phone (Bold) with tons of hardware for the price of an entry level phone (Pearl) like many are suggesting. It just wouldn't make and business sense. There simply has to be a price hiearchy amongst product lineups for each company. They have to have an entry level priced product, a mid level priced product, and a top level priced product. For RIM it would be the Pearl, Curve, Bold. For BMW, 3 series, 5 series, 7 series.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    All blackberrys are too exensive

PIN/ID
    302C0803
    Quote Originally Posted by jgerv View Post
    I don't understand how the majority of the people in this thread feel the subsidized price of $299/$199 on a contract by your network provider is expensive for a flagship phone of a certain brand. As already alluded to earlier in previous post, they are just following past precedence in pricing of the Bold's predecessors.

To see why the phone costs what it does, look at other flagship phones from other brands; Sony Xperia, HTC Touch HD, Apple iPhone 16gb... then look at their respective retail prices. They're all above the $500-700 price range. For me, $200 for a phone is not bad when resigning a contract. If you don't like the Bold sell it, you'll be able to get close to $500 for it, then buy whatever else you think suits you better.

You can't ask your provider to sell a flagship phone (Bold) with tons of hardware for the price of an entry level phone (Pearl) like many are suggesting. It just wouldn't make and business sense. There simply has to be a price hiearchy amongst product lineups for each company. They have to have an entry level priced product, a mid level priced product, and a top level priced product. For RIM it would be the Pearl, Curve, Bold. For BMW, 3 series, 5 series, 7 series.

I get what your saying but like a few previous posters have mentioned phones themselves are over priced and the blackberry pearl and curve are over priced as well.

I work for att and would never buy the pearl for the price they asking. The same goes for the Curve.

You made a comparison of 3 series , 5 series, 7 series. the pearl , curve and bold arent in that order we sell the pearl for more than the curve. pearl and curve are the same with exception of keyboard and screen. The bold is very different from these two I do agree.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by jgerv View Post

I don't think people are feeling 299/199 is a lot for a flagship. What their saying is that 299/199 is a lot for a "flagship" that doesn't drive like one. Yes, there are many people that are happy with their Bold, but there's also others that aren't.

Besides, I am sure if the price dropped to 199 in the states (usa) more people would be thriled to get the bold.

PIN/ID
    302C0803
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    I don't think people are feeling 299/199 is a lot for a flagship. What their saying is that 299/199 is a lot for a "flagship" that doesn't drive like one. Yes, there are many people that are happy with their Bold, but there's also others that aren't.

Besides, I am sure if the price dropped to 199 in the states (usa) more people would be thriled to get the bold.

Agreed!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Costs RIM $150 to produce.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast