Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by gator2418 For all the issues that the phone has, I say it's ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gator2418 View Post
    For all the issues that the phone has, I say it's very over priced
    I agree that the Bold was released before it was ready. Even though the wait was also unacceptable, they should have delivered a finished product.

I tend to separate the price from performance. As even if it was perfect I still think that to be competitive it needs to be $199 max. Clearly RIM blew it on this launch, the price, and the delays. And yet some people will pay for it, while RIM loses potential new customers without even noticing. At a time like this RIM needs to make the pricing very attractive & they would make up with volume. Once they begin to slide its too late. I'm not saying they will fail, but this is a present moment opportunity to surge ahead. If they keep Bold pricing where its at (& they will) then sales will only be strong to enthusiasts like Stackers & corporations that can afford them. However that said it appears that the Storm is priced right so we will see where that goes.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    one thing i found kinda funny is... People are commenting that its to expensive, yet a lot of people are still buying it... so yes people agree its to expensive, but sales are still rolling in, so maybe RIMs knows it has a good Rep and knows they can pull it off :P

Quote Originally Posted by xaroc View Post
    one thing i found kinda funny is... People are commenting that its to expensive, yet a lot of people are still buying it... so yes people agree its to expensive, but sales are still rolling in, so maybe RIMs knows it has a good Rep and knows they can pull it off :P
    I agree with you to a certain extent. After all I spent the money myself, and yet I got not one or two but THREE very rough, defective Bolds. Finally this, my fourth one is fine. That's ridiculous. And while they are selling, I simply believe that based on the volume of sales world wide, RIM could lower the price & become the leader by a very big margin. Apple is becoming a serious threat & RIM cannot afford to stick their head in the sand.
    sent via BlackBerry Bold

PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    thought what you say has the ring of truth to it, i have 2 friends and myself all have bolds from rogers, and we all still have our originals, the only problem we all had was the .126 OS , after that we are all doing perfect.

i been hearing a lot of hardware issues being reported, but where i live i fail to see it, not saying it dosnt exist, i just havent witnessed it with my own eyes i guess

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I agree with you to a certain extent. After all I spent the money myself, and yet I got not one or two but THREE very rough, defective Bolds. Finally this, my fourth one is fine. That's ridiculous. And while they are selling, I simply believe that based on the volume of sales world wide, RIM could lower the price & become the leader by a very big margin. Apple is becoming a serious threat & RIM cannot afford to stick their head in the sand.
    sent via BlackBerry Bold

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Interesting post, and responses. Tried to get the flimsy battery cover off one
    of these things? Checked out the browser? Battery life?
    $99. I like my Curve

PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    Taking the cover off is very easy, its slightly different then the curve design but its not hard to figure out. Also battery life varies from user to user, me personaly i can get 1.5 to 3 days depending how heavy you use it (i use mine pritty heaving, but im able to put it down for a while too lol)

Browser... i personally like it, its very customizable, but some other users dont like it to much, it really comes down to a personal preference, i didnt see the browser to be much different from the curve, except the higher resolution giving you some more breathing space around web pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Interesting post, and responses. Tried to get the flimsy battery cover off one
    of these things? Checked out the browser? Battery life?
    $99. I like my Curve

Quote Originally Posted by xaroc View Post
    thought what you say has the ring of truth to it, i have 2 friends and myself all have bolds from rogers, and we all still have our originals
    That's because Rogers & RIM have a very strong relationship & unlike AT&T, Rogers did a better job of working with RIM & it shows. Believe me I only report the facts, and I do a massive amount of research before posting & I do not post frivolously. I take it serious & report from a neutral position. If you research all the problems that Orange in the UK had with the Bold it would shock you. That's why they were pulled off the market by Orange.
    I'm not into blaming or bashing anyone. I just report what's happening. Also remember that I'm a huge BlackBerry advocate & I also have a full understanding of just how complex a project it is to build an all new phone like the Bold. I know that everything will work out.
    sent via BlackBerry Bold

PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    I am glad there are people who as dedicated as i am ^_^, im a HUGE computer guy, but i have only been getting in to blackberrys for just over a year now.
    Thought i may be a bit less experienced, i to do many hours of reseach, and i enjoy striking up debates with other users. Great fun, and you really do learn a lot

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    That's because Rogers & RIM have a very strong relationship & unlike AT&T, Rogers did a better job of working with RIM & it shows. Believe me I only report the facts, and I do a massive amount of research before posting & I do not post frivolously. I take it serious & report from a neutral position. If you research all the problems that Orange in the UK had with the Bold it would shock you. That's why they were pulled off the market by Orange.
    I'm not into blaming or bashing anyone. I just report what's happening. Also remember that I'm a huge BlackBerry advocate & I also have a full understanding of just how complex a project it is to build an all new phone like the Bold. I know that everything will work out.
    sent via BlackBerry Bold

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    in canada the bold is $199 it was $399 in August then it went down to $299 on October now as of november 1st i went down to $199. So i say for you american's it should go down hopefully in December for the christmas time..

ankitb4u no está en línea Stack level 1
    I got mine for $250, without touching or renewing my contract. No regrets I got a heck of a deal!

xoxalexamarie no está en línea Stack level 1
    i feel really ripped off by att.. i paid 369 but that was without an 100 rebate i have.. so broken down it was 419 for the device w a 2 yr and they gave me a 'free' bluetooth which was 49.99.... i feel like everyone has been paying less and feel really ripped off..... i wish i could call att and complain
    xoALEXA

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I feel the price was fair for the technology offered by the Bold. For me the iPhone was not even a consideration as email was parramount to me and I am not giving up my secure push email for something does the internet a little better. The Bold price was well in line with previous AT&T Blackberry pricing. AT&T has never been known as the cheapest carrier and there are others to go to if you so wish.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    Hahah me too!! i knew the guy at rogers when they were selling it for $349, i got it discounted for $249 no contract lol . good job man ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ankitb4u View Post
    I got mine for $250, without touching or renewing my contract. No regrets I got a heck of a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I feel the price was fair for the technology offered by the Bold. For me the iPhone was not even a consideration as email was parramount to me and I am not giving up my secure push email for something does the internet a little better. The Bold price was well in line with previous AT&T Blackberry pricing. AT&T has never been known as the cheapest carrier and there are others to go to if you so wish.
    I could not agree more.

My prior posts on this topic were taking the mainstream consumer and potential new BlackBerry buyers into consideration. Looking at it from their relatively unfamiliar (with the device) perspective. Looking at it from an out of pocket expense standpoint. Recently I read an alarming, and yet not all that surprising statistic. The report said most consumers when entering a store such as AT&T, or T-Mobile, Verizon etc, spends just 8 minutes deciding on which phone to buy.

At $299, quite frankly the Bold is a steal. The is no one that could convince me otherwise, as I have a full understanding and appreciation of the countless hours of R&D, as well as the cost of the first class components each BlackBerry is made of. As such, this is one very reasonably priced phone, even if one is paying the approx $450 to $600 full retail price that many are selling the phone for. The functionality of the entire RIM lineup of devices alone is worth the price of admission. When it comes to the Bold, hands down in my personal opinion this is the Finest Mobile Communications Device in the World. Period.

Thus while we all have our personal preferences, and there are many mitigating circumstances out in the real world presently, in this writers opinion the Bold is priced right.

Cheers...

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the bold IS over priced! I mean, in this day and age, 300 for a phone it asking way too much. That's stretching it guys. Besides, it's 299 after mail in rebate. So, you really wouldn't be getting that 100 back for another three to four weeks of mailing the rebate.
    if ATT wanted to place more bold units in hand, they should do an instant rebate ($50.00) in store and drop the price to $150.00 tafter rebate). The phone would sell like hot cakes!

I am holding off for Black Friday. Let's see what att will offer. Free with a 2yr. Would be great! Lol.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast