Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

There is increasing concern that the Bold is too expensive. Read this and give us ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Is The Bold Too Expensive ?

Advertisement

There is increasing concern that the Bold is too expensive. Read this and give us your take.

At $299.00 the Bold falls in line with past BlackBerry pricing history when a new top of the line BlackBerry was released through AT&T. (price based on $100 MIR & 2 yr upgrade contract)

However that was then, and this is now. First we have a very strong competitor in the iPhone at only $199.00 (whether it should be compared or not). And second, we are in the midst of one of the worst economic times in years. Recently Laptop Magazine did a poll asking readers if the Bold was too expensive. A majority 77% of the over 200 votes said the BlackBerry Bold Is Overpriced.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think it is a very expensive phone. Considering it is being fairly expensive, I really thought it would have been a much better phone because of all the hype and setbacks. This being the most expensive BB to date, I would have assumed it to be flawless. Little did I know. I still love this phone, but would get also get another BB (Javelin? Storm?) when the times comes.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Definitely overpriced. Great phone, but for 300 bucks, it's not worth it in my opinion.
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    It should be a $200 phone... Maybe even 150...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Definitely pretty steep. I'm just glad it's exclusive so I'm not burdened with trying to afford it!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I could have sworn when the 8830 world edition phones came out it was about the same price when it debuted with Verizon.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    I could have sworn when the 8830 world edition phones came out it was about the same price when it debuted with Verizon.
    I think it was. Maybe $350 with a $100 rebate if I recall. But I paid it, and I loved me some 8830 for over a year! Excellent phone.

gator2418 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BDDBF
    For all the issues that the phone has, I say it's very over priced
    " GROWN MAN GADGET"
    " WATCHA YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT"
    PIN# 249F0817

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    i got it discounted at $250 Canadian, and it is kinda expensive, but i must admit, even though the steep price, if somthing happen, chances are i would probably go out and buy a replacement Bold

In the USA the largest seller of BlackBerrys is AT&T. When the 8700c was released years ago it was $299, the next top BlackBerry to follow was the 8800, it was also $299, now the Bold for $299. See the pattern?

~via BlackBerry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    It should be a $200 phone~
    I agree. Now is a great opportunity for RIM to fight hard with aggressive pricing. In my opinion the prices should be:

- Bold. $199
    - Storm $199
    - 8900. $99

sent via BlackBerry Bold

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    If the storm is being subsidized for 200 on contract I would say the Bold is for sure too expensive. Its the same price as the Tilt... Thats a full touch screen phone. I think the Bold should be 200 after rebate.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    from what i read the Storm dosnt have the 3G or Wifi (thats what i read anyways) could this be the reason why its a bit cheaper?
    i know me for one, on another forum i was talking about how i wouldnt buy the 8900 curve because of its lack of 3G, and my theory was "why buy a 2G phone, when it seems that its starting to be phased out by 3G devices and 4G devices just around the corner" the Brand new Ipot touch's are starting to come out with 4G network

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    It does have 3g and its a full faced touch screen phone. Only thing it doesnt have is wifi.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    ahhh ok , i read some place that it didnt have 3G , but i wasnt really confident about my answer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    It does have 3g and its a full faced touch screen phone. Only thing it doesnt have is wifi.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast