It has been a long time from since I had a blackberry. With the recent ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Feliz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30DD779A

Is the bold right for me?

Advertisement

It has been a long time from since I had a blackberry. With the recent announcement of mac software I am very curious about switching back. I have been using a iPhone from since 07 but now I have that itch!

Will I be just as productive on the bold compared to my iPhone. I have read countless reviews but I hoping there is someone out there that has been without a blackberry for the same amount of time or more. I would like to know more about your experience switching back.

As for applications I am a Twitter, Facebook user. Not that much into games just communication. I am looking forward to reading everyones opinions.

Thanks
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    You stated that you are not much into games just communication then the Bold sounds like a good ideal for you. I'm not a twitter type of guy but, I do know that the facebook software for BB is nice indeed. I used to have the same mindset when I was using a blackberry as my primary device. I used a Bold for a while and I recently used an 8900 curve for a month which is also a very nice BB that you might consider. Normally if you're itching it's not going to stop until you scratch it...no pun intended. As far as gadgets and smartphones go you need to go with what makes you happy and suits all of your needs...I've rambled enough. Good luck in your decision and congrats on your 1st post
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 08-16-2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: format

robeko no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was a happy user of a Pearl until I bought a 2G Iphone. I used for about a year and now have a Bold. I've been using it for 2 months now and i'm really happy with it.

The Iphone is still much better for surfing. None of the browsers available for BB can compare to Safari but for everything else my vote goes to the Bold.

PIN/ID
    30DD779A
    Thank you Calm Tiger. I will have to scratch it because if I don't it will drive me insane. As for your post Robeko. My only concern is accessing my bank's website. How well do the current line if blackberry work with virtual keyboards that require a mouse of some sort of touch device, Minus the storm. A friend of mine has one and I really don't like they way the screen and touch feature works. Being able to easily login to my bank has been some what of a deal breaker for me since I have been using my iphone for 2 years without any issues.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    I have the bold and used many different phones, I love the bold the only draw back I have is space on the device, you can only have a few apps to keep it running even with loading apps on the card.
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Online banking isn't really an issue for me. Its the same as using my laptop, just a bit slower.

I concurr that the browser on my bold doesn't compare to Safari, but I've never been disappointed with browsing or banking on my Bold.

The Bold is an amazing phone, scratch that itch!
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Hey I've just recently got a BB Bold. Some of the phones I had in the
    past were a Sidekick 3, Blackberry 8320 (first bb) G1, iPhone. As you can see I came back to my
    Blackberry because I got TS phoned out and I just wanted something that would get e-mail without having to load etc.
    Its really based on your personal preference, I know I got tired of my iPhone and you can't go wrong with a physical keyboard EVER.
    Plus you can take the battery out and BB's have had copy & paste for sometime. You can customize your bb with themes and
    there are apps for Twitter like Über Twitter, Twitterberry, and my fav Tweet Genius. As well as some other apps that you can find among the internet.
    I e-mail, txt and bbm a lot so the battery life rocks I usually get 9hrs+ depends on all you use the phone for. If you have any questions let me know, everyone here on PS is happy to help. I hope you get a Bold its a great smartphone, top of the line and the keyboard is to die for! P.S. I'm going to change my bezel to black and get a tan batt cover should look hot once completed!
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    30DD779A
    Quote Originally Posted by Female_MC View Post
    Hey I've just recently got a BB Bold. Some of the phones I had in the
    past were a Sidekick 3, Blackberry 8320 (first bb) G1, iPhone. As you can see I came back to my
    Blackberry because I got TS phoned out and I just wanted something that would get e-mail without having to load etc.
    Its really based on your personal preference, I know I got tired of my iPhone and you can't go wrong with a physical keyboard EVER.
    Plus you can take the battery out and BB's have had copy & paste for sometime. You can customize your bb with themes and
    there are apps for Twitter like Über Twitter, Twitterberry, and my fav Tweet Genius. As well as some other apps that you can find among the internet.
    I e-mail, txt and bbm a lot so the battery life rocks I usually get 9hrs+ depends on all you use the phone for. If you have any questions let me know, everyone here on PS is happy to help. I hope you get a Bold its a great smartphone, top of the line and the keyboard is to die for! P.S. I'm going to change my bezel to black and get a tan batt cover should look hot once completed!
    t
    I use to have blackberry years ago but after battling with my mac in terms of managing my contacts, calendars etc. I gave in to frustration and got a iphone. I am going to try and play with a bold today and see how it handles my online banking requirements. I have to admit I use to enjoy my bb mainly for the friendliness of the community and friends I made back then. And I really don't think I will be able to sleep properly until I get one. Hopefully between now and next month I will be able to make that purchase. I am not that much of a talker at all. I barely use 100 minutes a month. My main focus is text, email, facebook and twitter. Communication for me is a key and giving me good options has raised my curiousity level a lot. I know I am just as fast on my iphone right now in terms of typing but will transition be a difficult one Switching back to a physical keyboard that is.

cellwiz09 no está en línea Stack level 1
    For communitcations the Bold IS the better phone. PERIOD. However, it does not surf the web nearly as well and does obviously does not have all of the free apps that Apple has.

We can say this and that, but you'll just have to try it to come to a conclusion of your own.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliz View Post
    t
    I use to have blackberry years ago but after battling with my mac in terms of managing my contacts, calendars etc. I gave in to frustration and got a iphone. I am going to try and play with a bold today and see how it handles my online banking requirements. I have to admit I use to enjoy my bb mainly for the friendliness of the community and friends I made back then. And I really don't think I will be able to sleep properly until I get one. Hopefully between now and next month I will be able to make that purchase. I am not that much of a talker at all. I barely use 100 minutes a month. My main focus is text, email, facebook and twitter. Communication for me is a key and giving me good options has raised my curiousity level a lot. I know I am just as fast on my iphone right now in terms of typing but will transition be a difficult one Switching back to a physical keyboard that is.

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    At this point might as well wait for the 9700
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    30DD779A
    I appreciate all the input all of you have given me so far. And you are most defintely right disturkis4u I might as well wait. Let's see what happens.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16