have owned the bold 9000 since its bascially come out, the only real gripe i ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

is the bold 9700 a worthy upgrade from the 9000

Advertisement

have owned the bold 9000 since its bascially come out, the only real gripe i have really ever had was the size of it. brother in law got the 9700 the oter tday and its lighter and thinner so my not feel such a brick when out and about, like the idea of a better camera too.

was thinking of sticking my bold on ebay and would probably get about £200.00 for it so wont cost too much to upgrade, anyone else upgraded from the 9000 and wouldnt go back.

merry christmas....

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    I don't have any regrets going from the 9000 to the 9700. Besides the bugs on the BBM, everything else about the device is solid.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I too went from the 9000 to the 9700 and have no regrets....great new phone with a solid os

thanks for the replies, pinned my bro in law and asked him if he would change back and he said no way, loves the size and the trackpad.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Follow this up bud :
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f27/bold_..._after-116211/
    You'll get an idea from the review - I'm out in Portugal and - bought the 9700 from the UK, and using Vodafone.
    No regrets !

louieSB no está en línea Stack level 1
    The blackberry bold 9700 is awesome. I've had it for about 2 weeks and I couldn't live without it.

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701
    Well, I went from the 9000 Bold to a Apple Iphone 3G/32S and yesterday, I purchased and have up and running a 9700. Its awesome. Whats good for you, is what will work, worth is subjective only to the holder.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ~ Dr. Seuss
    I just got off the phone with a great AT&T rep from Technical, Phone got unlocked without a glitch, ( Boo-Hooo Apple, Boo-Hoo) Now you cant tell me I violated the crappy Apple Warranty, My 3 email accounts are up and running, my blackberry.net is smiling, singing Yankee Doodle Went to town Riding On a I-Phone, Nopt, I meant Blackberry, and called the others Macaroni-
    I dont like touch screens, not yesterday, not today, Their okay, it would be nice now, if there was both a Touch Screen and a Real Qwerty Keyboard, then you've got a Giant Slayer, but until then- The 9700 is Awesome.

It will take a little adjustment to get used to it, be nice to it, it will be nice to you! Audio and Visual Home Screen is unbeatable

PIN/ID
    Apple
    IMO, and this from someone who didn't really mind the Size of the 9000.... Until I bought the 9700. It is the best device hands down that RIM has put out. The trackpad is the single best thing they have done to this. The keyboard is great. In 10min I was typing as fast I do on the 9000, which is pretty quick. Although not as fast as on my iPhone . If your it itching for a new berry the 9700 is the only way to go.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

thanks for all the replies, if ever i needed a reason to get another bb then you guys have given it to me. Stuck my bold on the fleabay and managed to get £215.00 for it with the charging pod and the bluetooth headset, buyer hasnt paid yet and they have a low feedback ratio so not sure they are going to go through with it.. nightmare. Ordered the 9700 this afternoon not sure i'll get it in time for the new years eve (impaitient you see) got to start searching out a white cover, keypad, bezel for it oh and i'm going to have to make my own theme (i bet you cant just transfer the one i have from my 9000)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by stolt View Post
    thanks for all the replies, if ever i needed a reason to get another bb then you guys have given it to me. Stuck my bold on the fleabay and managed to get £215.00 for it with the charging pod and the bluetooth headset, buyer hasnt paid yet and they have a low feedback ratio so not sure they are going to go through with it.. nightmare. Ordered the 9700 this afternoon not sure i'll get it in time for the new years eve (impaitient you see) got to start searching out a white cover, keypad, bezel for it oh and i'm going to have to make my own theme (i bet you cant just transfer the one i have from my 9000)
    Happy New Year with the 9700. Good going mate (!) and I hope you get the money ...
    The 9000 themes don´t work, but you can download 8900 themes and these work perfectly ! And there are a couple of new 9700 themes floating about already!
    Cheers !
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-28-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Corrections

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Happy New Year with the 9700. Good going mate (!) and I hope you get the money ...
    The 9000 themes don´t work, but you can download 8900 themes and these work perfectly ! And there are a couple of new 9700 themes floating about already!
    Cheers !
    thankyou, I enjoyed making my own 9000 theme so will try that for the 9700. Buyer has paid me for my bold so got to wipe that off. With a couple of gift codes from play managed to get it for £330.00 unlocked.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by stolt View Post
    thankyou, I enjoyed making my own 9000 theme so will try that for the 9700. Buyer has paid me for my bold so got to wipe that off. With a couple of gift codes from play managed to get it for £330.00 unlocked.
    Good for you... let us know when you have a theme for the 9700 - it will go down very well with all the 9700 enthusiasts here !

yep will do, downloaded theme stuido 5 so if i have 30mins tonight might give it a try.. will let peeps know how i get on.