Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I use YouVersion and Bible Reader by Olive Tree. Love YouVersion better. I use mine ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

Advertisement

I use YouVersion and Bible Reader by Olive Tree. Love YouVersion better. I use mine to read my student questions during small group...it saves paper. It is also nice to look up commentary notes, events, archeology, etc. But as for causing a distraction to others, I try to avoid it in the main service. You never know who is looking...maybe someone seeking Jesus.

Also use my BB to play music during our youth gatherings, when SkyAngel is down or buffering...comes in handy.
    Last edited by Jbee; 01-19-2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: add...

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    I use YouVersion and Bible Reader by Olive Tree. Love YouVersion better. I use mine to read my student questions during small group...it saves paper. It is also nice to look up commentary notes, events, archeology, etc. But as for causing a distraction to others, I try to avoid it in the main service. You never know who is looking...maybe someone seeking Jesus.
    Good point (distraction, I mean. Can't fault being thoughtful).

Loving YouVersion too. I also have Olive Tree and Laridian/Beiks. Each has latent advantages; like on Laridian, I can input notes directly into the verses (kinda).

beLLa16 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    That's funny, I will be on mine up to the preaching the pastor actually made a rule, if he gets interupted or distracted during the preaching, the violater owes him a starbucks giftcard... There is a time that I put my toy away tho

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Also use my BB to play music during our youth gatherings, when SkyAngel is down or buffering...comes in handy.
    I just tried to open an account on Olive Tree. Unfortunately their account script is insisting on a 5 digit zip code. This is hard to provide when Canadian zips are 6 digits... Argh....

I really want Edersheim's Old Testament history on my BB.... Not to mention some of the other commentaries....
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    I try not to do this too.

~via BB Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I just tried to open an account on Olive Tree. Unfortunately their account script is insisting on a 5 digit zip code. This is hard to provide when Canadian zips are 6 digits... Argh....

I really want Edersheim's Old Testament history on my BB.... Not to mention some of the other commentaries....
    use mine:62526....I give it freely because "it is His...."it always has been.
    Last edited by Jbee; 01-19-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Typo

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    As long as you recite 10 hail mary's per text then you should be good

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    fr*&
    use mine:62526....I give it freely because *it is His....*it always has been.
    Somehow I managed to convince the script that Edmonton, Alberta is in the zip code 90210.... Thankfully my house is only worth half what it would be in that zip.....
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    As long as you recite 10 hail mary's per text then you should be good

lol!

*Mat 2:11 And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and
    they fell down and worshiped Him.
    Last edited by Jbee; 01-19-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: edit format

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'll be another to chime in and say that I also use my Bold in church, but 90% of the time it is as a bible. There is a time and a place for everything though and I have yet to be to tempted to start checking email during the service. I did get one or two dirty looks the first time I had it out to look up a passage but thern once the person realized what I was doing they were more impressed/amazed then upset.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Sirthinks,

Glad you got it to work... some of the best study materials from Olive Treee are not even available for BB yet...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The bad thing is that my teenage son knows I use my BB to occasionally respond to reported posts here on PS while in church, so he knows I can't yell at him for using his BB in church to keep track of live NFL scores during football season.....it would be hypocritical of me. But he also uses his to look up verses on the Blue Letter Bible web site.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Lol, at least there's SOME church related work being done to balance things out. Lol

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I love youversion as well, andi keep BEIKS Noah Bible Viewer on mine. I like Noah because you can put the translations on your SD and not device memory. YouVersion is awesome for the access to many version. I can only fault YouVersion for requiring data access for the translations...so no data signal...no access to their wonderful Bibles and other tools...at least from my experience using it.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    If they'd throw in a couple jokes here and there maybe I'd stop...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast