Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

indeed youversion is the one i use as well although not christian one of my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

indeed youversion is the one i use as well although not christian one of my goals lately is to finish reading it.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I try not to use it during the actuall sermon.......but during parts like announcments, no problem
    lol.....if you are addicted you are addicted....we just can't help ourselves

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i was on my berry during a friends wedding. Yeah I know I should be shot. Lol
    In the days before Blackberries, I took a handheld mini-TV to a wedding. (My girlfriend's father was getting re-married - on a football Saturday of all days.) My girlfriend didn't approve too much. In fact, at the reception, no one saw the happy couple arrive. They were all huddled around me and the TV checking out the game. I would have probably been scolded more except the bride and groom came over and wanted to know the score as well. Then we finished watching the game before proceeding with the festivities. Kind of sad, really, but that's how central Ohio can be during football season.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    http://www.bible.org/netbible/index.htm

HTH
    Peter

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Do I BB in church? ABSOLUTELY!

It is the number one reason I got a BB... I needed a ministry tool. Bible, Word documents, music, networking tools, blogging ability: everything a youth pastor needs to run a COMPLETE service from one device. I have not carried a "real" bible to church in a very long time.

I always laugh when I see folks who criticize others without knowing what they are doing. I love getting up and pulling up verses to read. What, you thought I was playing a game? Was that the reason for the disapproving stare? No, this helps me to serve.

Wasn't too long ago that folks who brought physical bibles to church were looked at as being uppity. Why wouldn't you take the pastor's word for it. Times have changed. In this day, churches even reach a newer type of worshipper by running text/IM based question and answer sessions. What if a kid who is struggling needs me and DMs me via Twitter or hits me on G-Chat saying they wanted to end it all? Want me to say nope, not during service? And yes, this has happened.

Anyway, my phone was procured to be a tool in the church, and it had better do just that. It was obtained to assist me do my job, and I hold it to very high standards.

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a Bold, and alwayus have it with me in church. Whether to view Bible (Olivetree DOT com) and also keep track of upcoming church events etc.

I also keep in touch with friends who may not be there in church...

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Not to be a party-pooper, I'm not a church-goer but it has to be pretty disrespectful to whoever is giving the sermon or prayer. Don't get me wrong I'm pro-blackberry/bold all the way but there has to be line.
    Is it any more or less disrespectful than snoring through the sermon??

I am a PK, I have slept through and texted through many a service, much to the chagrin of my old man.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post

I am a PK, I have slept through and texted through many a service, much to the chagrin of my old man.
    Darn PK!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I am part of the audio/visual team, from time to time I may have to review the mediashout script and service order. I find that my BB is very useful then, but never for email, BB messenger, or just surfing the net.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well, I would say it is wrong or bad to be on your BB in Church, because nowadays you have Bibles for BB, like "YouVersion" (The Best For BB), but "Stackin" in Church that may be a problem...

trenafisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30DA1A71
    i dont see anything wrong with it as long as you're discreet about it. I mean i also have the bible on mine so i do refer to it....but i have to admit sometimes i am sending a msg or checking email, i dont think this is a horrible thing if its not done during the actual sermon....i mean i think its ok as long as you're not glued to your berry for the entire time while at church.
    ...Your Attitude is going to determine your Altitude....

"So Blessed"

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    no big deal as far as i see it... i even think the big man in the attic uses a berry... i think his pin is 29A29A

jk! :-)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    we have sooo evolved i used to write notes to my friends sitting next to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post

lol ... im a PGK and i never paid attention to the sermons

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    we have sooo evolved

lol ... im a PGK
    PGK?? . . . I am a DK does that make it bad that I carry 2 BB to church on most services. . . .Like tonight whilst I was playing Bass my curve and my pearl lay in place holding the music to the new song we played tonight. . . . btw way I have Noah Bible for mine and love it!! It only uses like 80kb for the reader and all 5 translations (ebooks sorta) are tucked away on my memory card and on the occaisonal bad service day I can still use it unlike so many others!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    PGK?? . . . I am a DK does that make it bad that I carry 2 BB to church on most services. . . .Like tonight whilst I was playing Bass my curve and my pearl lay in place holding the music to the new song we played tonight. . . . btw way I have Noah Bible for mine and love it!! It only uses like 80kb for the reader and all 5 translations (ebooks sorta) are tucked away on my memory card and on the occaisonal bad service day I can still use it unlike so many others!
    I am going to hazard a gues.... PGK=Preacher's Grand-Kid??

BTW: I use Youversion (NIV)
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 01-19-2009 at 01:49 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast