Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The iPhone will always be behind BlackBerry's. Apple is to greedy, they could have given ... BlackBerry Bold forum

adamhosman no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

The iPhone will always be behind BlackBerry's. Apple is to greedy, they could have given all of that from the beginning but they chose not to.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Agreed Adam.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

gcobb no está en línea Stack level 1
    I hav e the BB 8300 with the new OS and love it. I'm considering going with the Bold now. I've seen the IPhone and I'm sure it has some good things. The BB's text messaging is worth almost everything as far as I'm concerned. Copy, paste, save numbers from a text msg and navigation are just a few good things to say about the BB. I wish it would sync with Outlook without BES but if that's as bad as it gets I can deal with it.

Cmac no está en línea Stack level 2
    No need to add more of the same dialog, but I will. The iPhone is a great device. However, it can not do some of the simple things you get with a BB. I have had all of the so called "cool" smart devices - I can't find anything as satisfying as the Bold

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    The iPhone is hackable, the macbook was hacked in 10 sec's.
    Which can and will lead to hacks that lead into a virus, toasted phone, etc.
    The BB has never been hacked!
    You can see the $10,000 try to hack a BB at:
    http://www.blackberrycool.com/2009/0...th-no-success/
    As well as 100's of other sites too.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by arashb View Post
    Before you make your decision wait until the new FW comes out and see if a new iPhone gets released. And whatever Apple doesn't let you do, you can do with hacks, and the hacks don't void the firmware AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by adamhosman View Post
    The iPhone will always be behind BlackBerry's. Apple is to greedy, they could have given all of that from the beginning but they chose not to.
    "hacking" is refered to as jailbreaking on the iphone, and it certainly does void any warrany that you have on the phone. yes it's silly that you have to jb it to get it to do simple functions, but i don't think it was apple just holding back. honestly i think they rushed this phone to market and simply didn't have all the coding done. the phone obviously had the capability to do these simple actions, it just took them a while to put it in the phone.

the iphone is a cool phone for what it is. it's more about what you want out of a phone. if tons of apps (most of which even developers admit are useless, but there are some cool ones once you get through all the crap) is important to you then the iphone is a better choice. if you want a media phone, i phone. for productivity the bb is better.

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I recently gave up my iPhone for a BOLD and I couldn't be anymore pleased. The iPhone is a great device and if there's one thing I give Apple credit for, its raising the bar. The introduction of the iPhone has made RIM step it up another level. When I originally switched to an iPhone from a Curve someone in these forums told me "You'll Be Back!". Sure enough 7 months later I'm back with a BB Bold in hand. There's just something about having a BB in your hands that makes it different from any other phone. Obviously the iPhones browser is 2nd to none, but if there was only one thing I wish BB had it would be threaded messages, I don't get why they can't implement that in their OS.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm sure the Iphone has its strong points, but I'm in agreement with all the Bold users. I've had MANY Blackberries and I could not be more satisfied with my 9000. This is about as good as it gets as far as devices go.

arashb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    "hacking" is refered to as jailbreaking on the iphone, and it certainly does void any warrany that you have on the phone. yes it's silly that you have to jb it to get it to do simple functions, but i don't think it was apple just holding back. honestly i think they rushed this phone to market and simply didn't have all the coding done. the phone obviously had the capability to do these simple actions, it just took them a while to put it in the phone.

the iphone is a cool phone for what it is. it's more about what you want out of a phone. if tons of apps (most of which even developers admit are useless, but there are some cool ones once you get through all the crap) is important to you then the iphone is a better choice. if you want a media phone, i phone. for productivity the bb is better.
    Jailbreaking is all software, as long as you revert back to original firmware there is no way of them telling. I replaced an iPhone which was jailbroken into but wasn't bootneutered. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with voiding warranty but jailbreaking and bootneutering are two different things.

OP, if you're torn between the two just wait for a better Android based phone. That OS beats the BB in productivity (IMO) and is highly customizeable with an appstore (but it's not as nice as Apple's). When a proper Android phone is released I will definately be trading in my Bold for one.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    I think your phone should be like its owner...i.e me-Bold...lol
    Bold forever..simply the best phone..

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3
    The bold is 10x better than the iphone. We will see what happens in June when OS 3.0 comes out

arashb no está en línea Stack level 2
    OP you have to ask this question in a forum that's all about phones, PinStack is more blackberry users so it's more biased to BBs. Go to a different forum that doesn't have berry or apple in the name and ask this question, they are both great phones but in the end you will be with either a business phone or an entertainment phone. They both can do almost the exact same thing just somethings are better on certain phones.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    I totally agree with the "vs" garbage. It's gotten way past old.
    The Bold and iPhone are not even in the same category. So why compare them or to the Storm? EVERY phone has + and - to them. Want apples to apples (no pun intended), the compare the Older iPhone to the newer iPhone!

Orrrrrr......Let's try this for the learning impaired.

My Alienware Area-51, kicks the arse out of EVERY phone!

Not apples to oranges? Neither is iPhone to BB.
    So stop already! Jeese!
    I thought about it and ok
    Alienware vs Phones
    PC is powerful
    Phone is ultra mobility
    Both can web browse

there I just compared them, comparing is showing the pros vs cons and similarities.

Cmac no está en línea Stack level 2
    They're both great phones. The touchscreen is the deal breaker that gives the BOLD the nod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123