Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Really, it all boils dow to a personal choice. If you're financially able, try both ... BlackBerry Bold forum

paulyman no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Really, it all boils dow to a personal choice. If you're financially able, try both of them. I've had 3 iphones and I always switch back to a BB, currently with a Bold and i really like it. Now with that said, the iPhone is a very neat device, but I just don't find it to be that good of a phone for my personal needs and I'm a MacBook Pro user, so it's definitely not an Apple issue. So, there's really no right or wrong, you just have to try them and see which one fits your needs the most.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Play with the iPhone, work with the Bold. That's what I personally do.

msjr298 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just recently switched from my curve to and Iphone. From day one I was frustrated with the iphone but decided to give it a try well I lasted 10 days with it. My opinion iphone is awesome for music and games but for a person who is always on the go and depends on emails, copy&paste, mms yes the blackberry's are better. I was suprised that every phone out there has mms and the iphone does not. I guess they forgot to added in there To Do List? You can download a mms apps which you can send MMS but you cannot receive. Overall, BB's are the best for my needs. Hopefully, in the near future we have have all the features of a BB and iphone together that will be awesome.

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just got the bold and I am coming from the iphone. It takes getting use to to be honest. I miss my iphone. Does anyone know a plan that works with the bold and the iphone so I can switch my sim card back and forth?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Like everyone has said already, iphone if you want a cool device to show off and play with, Bold if want a cool device and play with but also work with. There's no debating that BB's are for people who work with their phones. This is what RIM designed them for and is still their main focus. The iphone is IMO for kids in high school who have no reponsibility in the real world. I'm constantly on my Bold, emailing, phone and using the web. The only thing I see the iphone having an advantage over any BB is the browser. Bottom line is that if you're going to use your device for more than just a play thing the answer is obvious, BOLD. If that's not you, then the iphone may be your bag, everyone has their own opinions of the two but that's what covers it, work or play.

runner7395 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I just got the bold and I am coming from the iphone. It takes getting use to to be honest. I miss my iphone. Does anyone know a plan that works with the bold and the iphone so I can switch my sim card back and forth?
    I switch between my Bold, pearl, and iPhone, Nokia N95, Nokia E71, with no problem as long as you have the BB plan on your account. Everything will work on the iPhone except for visual voice mail. It's great to be able to switch the sim.

arashb no está en línea Stack level 2
    What do you want? iPhone is diversity Bold is strictly all business not much fun. I love the Bold for my school though because of it's proper word processor. If you really want to switch phones but also want a decent third party support try the Google phone. I think Android is the best OS out there, it's Apple OS mixed with Symbian OS. Meaning you can modify just about every single thing in the phone but you still get a library of third party support.

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A

Smile

I purchased my bold 2 weeks ago and I think the bb bold is the way to go. I played around with the Iphone, but found the bold more useful for my business needs. I have no real need for a virtual keyboard.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Maybe someday people will get away from the (vs) and focus more on the features or differences so that when we do have to make a choice it will be a better informed one. I use the Bold because it happens to have the features I currently need in a phone. This does not mean the iPhone is inferior, it just does not have the features I need. Who knows what future updates will bring?
    I'm sure someday mms, bluetooth, copy & paste and a many other things will be obsolete and we will laugh about all the things we used to complain about.

I totally agree with the "vs" garbage. It's gotten way past old.
    The Bold and iPhone are not even in the same category. So why compare them or to the Storm? EVERY phone has + and - to them. Want apples to apples (no pun intended), the compare the Older iPhone to the newer iPhone!

Orrrrrr......Let's try this for the learning impaired.

My Alienware Area-51, kicks the arse out of EVERY phone!

Not apples to oranges? Neither is iPhone to BB.
    So stop already! Jeese!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    I totally agree with the "vs" garbage. It's gotten way past old.
    The Bold and iPhone are not even in the same category. So why compare them or to the Storm? EVERY phone has + and - to them. Want apples to apples (no pun intended), the compare the Older iPhone to the newer iPhone!

Orrrrrr......Let's try this for the learning impaired.

My Alienware Area-51, kicks the arse out of EVERY phone!

Not apples to oranges? Neither is iPhone to BB.
    So stop already! Jeese!

Well they are both phones so comparing them is perfectly fine. You're right every phone has + and - and that's what people use to compare to others. Like email viewing, BB is known for it's email functionality but I honestly liked the iPhones HTML capabilities much better.

Ok, lets try this....
    digital smart phones are Computers! I can do phone calls, emails, print, websurf, etc from my Alienware too. (not pocket friendly). But if "phones" is the way to go, lets compare the iPhone or the BB to the Motorola analog "bag" phones of days gone by.

New Poll:

Which is better the iPhone, the BB or the old Motorola Bag phone?
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have already stated my opinion on the first page. But in iPhone's defence. They are releasing a new OS. Here are some of the features

New iPhone 3.0 Features
    •System-wide Copy and Paste (text and photos)
    •MMS for photos, vcards, audio
    •SMS forwarding
    •Landscape keyboard in major apps
    •System-wide Spotlight Search
    •App Store subscriptions (i.e. subscribe to magazine apps)
    •In App purchases (i.e. buy a weapon in a FPS)
    •Turn-by-Turn GPS Navigation in App Store (bring your own maps!)
    •Push Notification Service for badges, alerts messages, sounds
    •Peer-2-peer service using Bonjour and Bluetooth for interaction and data exchange
    •Access to Dock port for Apps to work with accessories
    •Voice memos
    •CalDAV support for on-device calendar subscriptions
    •Improved Stocks widget, landscape mode for details
    •Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP)
    •YouTube Account support
    •iTunes account creation
    •Encrypted profiles
    •Call log
    •LDAP (directory services)
    •Shake to shuffle music (like iPod nano)
    •VPN on-demand
    •EAP SIM
    •Proxy Support
    •Exchange ActiveSync Policies
    •Notes sync
    •Enhanced parental controls

What Didn’t We Get? (Yet!)

•Push Gmail
    •Contact convergence (like Pre)
    •Improved notification system (like Android and Pre)
    •Background multitasking (like every other smartphone)
    •Unified messengering app (like Pre)
    •Unified inbox (like BlackBerry)
    •Video recording
    •Theming

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/03...subscriptions/

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/17/a...-3-0/#comments

Finally!
    Ge your da bomb!
    An intelligent and Very informative answer!
    Kudos to you!

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    And don't forget voice dialing!

Before you make your decision wait until the new FW comes out and see if a new iPhone gets released. And whatever Apple doesn't let you do, you can do with hacks, and the hacks don't void the firmware AFAIK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast