Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ok so i have the 3g and to be honest im growing quite sick of ... BlackBerry Bold forum

megajuliani no está en línea Stack level 1

Iphone vs bold

Advertisement

Ok so i have the 3g and to be honest im growing quite sick of it. I meam its a great
    Phone but the small things it lacks are a big deal to me. Just last night i had to restore and lose my jailbreak info and do it all over and i personally dont think i should have to risk my warranty to simply record video or copy and paste. I had the pearl and a nextel bb dont remember the model and liked them both. Now ive been thinking of selling my iphone and getting a
    Bold. Can amyone give me their experiences with both phones? Pro and cons? Any help on making this decision would be great

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I have both phones and have parked the iPhone 3G. I use the Bold everyday now because of the very same things you mentioned. The iPhone 3G is a great phone and has so many things it does very well (The GUI) is second to none. However, I missed copy and paste and reliable email and actually I grew tired of the touch navigation. For me it seems the Bold and RIM OS has quicker navigation. I can get to the app, item or menu I want in less moves (so to speak). Someday I may go back to the iPhone but not till they fix copy and paste, unlock Bluetooth and fix the battery issues.

Another small reason but important was the lack of customization with the iPhone. In order to customize it you must hack it. We should not have to work so hard to make a device the way you want it.

Since switching over to the Bold I have been very happy. I do miss the iPhone but not enough to switch back. The Bold is a work horse, that works great. Keep in mind I'm not a huge multi-media cell phone user. I use my MBP or iMac for that so if your a heavy cell phone multi-media person (games, music, movies etc) you will be better served with the iPhone.

Hope that helps? Just my own personal $0.02

megajuliani no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree with you completely. I am pretty over the touch screen its actually a pain. I dont use much multi media but i do watch a. Movie here and there but i can simply use an sd card like i did with my pearl. I also really miss bb messanger lol i know sounds corny but i really liked that app

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Trust me, you will LOVE the Bold
    I had an iPhone as my daily driver when the Bold came out.
    Launch day comes around, I get two in my office to check out, saw them, within 5minutes I had sold my iPhone and setup my new Bold lol.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as far as the media. I don't think its lacking at all. The Bolds hi-res screen makes for beautifully displayed movies, and the built in gig of storage and support for memory cards means you can still have all your music with you.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as far as the media. I don't think its lacking at all. The Bolds hi-res screen makes for beautifully displayed movies, and the built in gig of storage and support for memory cards means you can still have all your music with you.
    I'm certainly not saying the Bold does not offer good multimedia abilities. Music is great and in fact the speakers on the Bold are heads and tails better than the iPhone. Yes the Bold plays the same movies very well also. The iPhone screen however is larger and therefore get my vote for a preferred device if I were to watch a full length movie. One thing I also forgot to mention even tho you could guess by reading my post. I'm a Mac person with only Mac computers in my home so the iPhone unbeatable when it comes to syncing everything. Hehe, think about that one for a minute? What does that tell you about how I feel about the Bold? The Blackberry has virtually NO support for a Mac yet I use the Bold and think it's the best device for me.
    Anyway to continue the Bold is a great device/phone and I love everything about it. It does everything the iPhone does and more (copy and paste, full bluetooth etc) but let's not bash the iPhone. The iPhone is great I honestly think it's more about doing your own personal research and deciding what you need a phone for and knowing your own needs. For me the Bold is almost the perfect device during the current release session. Who knows in the next year what updates will be released?

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also have both, love the iPhone and find myself using the Bold a lot more often for the same reasons you stated. Simple copy/paste, video recording, MMS, and more that should have been released by Apple a long time ago have not seen the light of day. It's doubtful they ever will considering Apple's current market position.

You won't regret the switch. There's just something about a Blackberry that you can't find in any of its competitors.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I too have used both devices. Fortunately, it didn't take me long (less than a day) to discover that the iPhone was not for me. When the Bold came out, it was a match made in heaven.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have both. Bold is the one to have if you are only going to have just one phone. The iPhone is a good plaything.

shanedogg no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just got my Bold this week. I Don't own an iphone, but i have friends that do. In my opinion the Bold is the way to go! Like others have stated iphones are cool toys to play with, but you can do more easier with Blackberrys.

I own a 16gig iPod touch, (jail broken). It seems to do pretty much everything an iphone can do minus the phone and speaker functions. I would recommend that combo for work and play.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Maybe someday people will get away from the (vs) and focus more on the features or differences so that when we do have to make a choice it will be a better informed one. I use the Bold because it happens to have the features I currently need in a phone. This does not mean the iPhone is inferior, it just does not have the features I need. Who knows what future updates will bring?
    I'm sure someday mms, bluetooth, copy & paste and a many other things will be obsolete and we will laugh about all the things we used to complain about.

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea I have the verizon 8830 and I'm actually considering going to att just to get the bold. I played with one in the store and I love it. I would get that before the storm. Don't know if I wanna cancel and switch just to get it but I'm thinking bout it. Crazy!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nemo2xg no está en línea Stack level 2
    i think the bold is way better than the iphone

izzycampos no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just got the Bold and its the best BalckBerry device I have used so far.

paulyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast