Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Could of bought a iphone for the same price as a bold 9000, bought the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220

Advertisement

Could of bought a iphone for the same price as a bold 9000, bought the bold ,bought the iphone for my kid(tween)the next day ,she likes to play games,and buy ten apps that do one thing and look at facebook , so we both won.One phone has a lot" O "apps, the other is good for takin care of your business up to you.
    " B safe "

Quote Originally Posted by Antgod View Post
    Could of bought a iphone for the same price as a bold 9000, bought the bold ,bought the iphone for my kid(tween)the next day ,she likes to play games,and buy ten apps that do one thing and look at facebook , so we both won.One phone has a lot" O "apps, the other is good for takin care of your business up to you.
    Exactly!

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree with Mark...it's a terrible comparison. I get tired of having to defend. In fact I'm too tired to add any more comments to this discussion. I do like the "Eye Phone" reference. Too funny, but true.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ^^^ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. My opinion will change when I see a different id of your smartphone !
    I'm a BB Baddie ! Ask pdxmatts !
    As for e-mail speed, I still say 9700 vrooom-vrooom ... This one is for you pdx...
    ok, someone explain to me the whole email thing...i'm about to get the bold 9700 in a few days. i've always used the browser to check my emails so i'm not understanding the logic behind "this phone gets emails faster than that phone" argument. what am i missing?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Optimus, I'll try and explain. Through my experience since I also own and use a iPhone 3Gs sometimes.
    BB has direct push mail. In other words, the moment an e-mail is received in your inbox (whatever service) it immediately gets pushed onto your BB messages inbox. All you have to do is have a data plan with your service provider. And the respective BB Service Books (which include all your mails that you may have - up to 10).
    On the IPhone it's similar, but since the push service is cyclical ( you choose the times - 15 minutes, 30 minutes and hour, once a day) you'll only get the messages in your inbox depending on the cycle you choose - or by opening the inbox which loads all mail received in the meantime.
    Hence the BB being faster all the time. It´s because it immediately lets you know when mail has arrived.
    I stand corrected of course, but basically, that's how it works.
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-28-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: some text corrections

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    ahh ok, well i guess it's all a matter of preference then cause personally i would find it a bit of a nuisance to have my phone alert me each time i get an email. and before anyone says you can change the settings (i ran into them while shuffling through the menus), does it let you reply within the message folder? that would be the only convenience i could find for it; otherwise it would just be better to go through the browser where you actually CAN reply...Anyhow; again i don't see it as a huge selling point for me so i wouldn't make that a comparison against the iphone...

In terms of comparisons, i always thought the blackberries were ahead of the iphone in terms of sheer reliability. i have come across several iphone users who have a cracked screen, freeze, or simply having the battery die within a few hours. now, i can't say anything about the new iphone 4, but already pinstack has an article about recent complaints...one good thing that i find to be a convenience is the video chat. but even that isn't perfect as it only works with wi-fi and other iphone users...but no doubt every other phone company will eventually follow and make one better within the next few months i'm sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123