Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think BSE is the best and the best price. I use it on every ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

Advertisement

I think BSE is the best and the best price. I use it on every device I own and that is a lot of cell phones. Never had a problem!

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c
    Quote Originally Posted by Naylor07 View Post
    I think BSE is the best and the best price. I use it on every device I own and that is a lot of cell phones. Never had a problem!

Where do I locate BSE? and thanks.
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Try here: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront

I use them and really do like their product.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Try here: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront

I use them and really do like their product.
    I'm giving this product serious consideration, for my Bold. I will purchase the screen protector only, as the rest of mine is protected by the Innocase skin. I've read the installation instructions carefully and understand (even though I've not done it) the concept of wetting the product for proper alignment during installation.

My question for you, is how do I prevent the solution from getting into the open port (earpiece) above the BlackBerry logo near the top of the display?

Thanks!
    Last edited by archer6; 12-15-2008 at 04:16 PM.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    You pull the screen protector out from the solution and let it drip so there is little water left

Position the screen protector on the Bold and slid it into position. Then use a sponge to soak up excess water.

There is no sure way to prevent water from going into the ear piece. My suggestion is to apply the screen protector and immediately align it. Then use the corner of a folded piece of paper towel to soak up the water that may have entered into the ear piece.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I've installed these on my Curve (twice) and my Peatl (twice as well). While there is no sure fire way to prevent water from entering, I've never had a problem.

Basically, if you get most of the water off before alignment and as others have noted use the corner of a paper towel to soak up any excess, I think you'll be fine.

Also, both the Pearl and the Curve I've done have mesh over the earpiece. This seems to keep water from freely flowing into the phone.

Good luck! I love mine. Makes me worry a lot less about scratching the screen or the back of the device. Now I throw it in my pocket.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    The sheld is nice; but I would something that protect my bold
    from the impact when if falls 5 feet from my hand; cause am 6' 1"
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Otterbox is the brand of case that provides protection for drops over 24". You might want to check them out.

sent via BlackBerry Bold
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Wow Karpish, you did an awesome job. My bb is kind of naked.. hint, hint.

I don't see any air bubbles. That's a good example of patience. I would be soo tempted to play with my bb after putting that on and having to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ablefton View Post
    I just installed the Zagg Invisible Shield yesterday. Both pros and cons with this product as far as my experience.

Cons:
    - lots of little pieces that are almost impossible to remove from the backing with anything but a very small set of fingers, or tweezers.
    - Even with the small pieces on the edges, there are still quite a few exposed areas that can scratch.
    - Takes quite a bit of time to remove from the backing, wash your hands, spritz the shield pieces with the special spray, then squeegee, then wait 12-24 hours for drying.
    - Not sure how to remove these skins if I change my mind.
    -The back piece covers the leatherette and makes it look sort of slick and shiny (cheapens it in my view). Perhaps you'd want to consider leaving it off.
    - A little expensive for basically a vinyl covering ($24.95).
    - Zagg's packaging shows 3 pieces on their cover that are supposed to represent the invisible covering; when actually there are 12 pieces and most of them very small. The wording on the cover also says "full body" ...when in fact, it's not full body, it's sort of a jigsaw of pieces that's mostly but not all of the phone body.

Pros:
    - Skins are a nice idea if one likes to carry their Blackberry in their pocket without any sort of thicker covering. Nice to not to have to remove it from a sleeve (or similar) everytime one wants to access their BB. If you have just an empty pants or jacket pocket (guys) it's probably just as effective, except for a bit of pocket lint.
    - Nice packaging, but no doubt adds to the cost and it ends up in recycling anyway.

Bottom Line: I'd do it over and look for some sort of very thin silicone covering (or similar) rather than the Invisible Shield.
    This is a very good review. This is exactly why I returned the Zaag invisible shield after I received it in the mail. (I basically looked at it and sent it back to Zaag.) Good thing return shipping was free.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i took me a while to install mine and yes i got dust on mine it looks gross lol.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I have them on my Curve and on my Bold. The one on the Curve has been on since June and you wouldn't even know it is there.

The one on the Bold has been on since September.... Same thing. They aren't even noticeable. Best thing I ever did for the kids!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

the Invisable Sheild doesnt cover the entire body thats why i ordered the one from bodyguardz that one actually covers the entire body that being said i prefer to have a skin but the skin for the bold i dont like what so ever just feels thicker compared to the skin i used on my pearl and my friends curve

Quote Originally Posted by anoxia187 View Post
    i took me a while to install mine and yes i got dust on mine it looks gross lol.
    I'm probably one of those people with OCD and need to remove the dust once it's there. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I'm probably one of those people with OCD and need to remove the dust once it's there. Lol.
    My problem exactly... it's why I've avoided a screen protector in general.

However that said, I'm going to give it a try one more time. The display on my Bold is so big and beautiful that I would hate to scratch it. And unlike my 8310 which had a very nice heavy plastic screen which I could polish out if scratched, the Bold's is fragile in comparison. I've decided to go with the Boxwave screen protector since it does not require wetting to install. It should arrive any day now and I will report back on how it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12