Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got my Invisible Shield in the mail today and I just installed it on ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

Invisible Shield installed on Bold

Advertisement

I got my Invisible Shield in the mail today and I just installed it on my Bold. It is drying right now. Everything I read said the screen was on the more fragile side so I decided to put this on, I can always take it off it I decide i'd rather go totally naked.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Does it cloud the screen? I had one on my Curve and it clouded my screen. With my Bold, I just used a cheaper one.

PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    I have had them on iPods and maybe even my curve right when I got it last year, and I do not remember any clouding on any of the installs. I don't know about this one though because it is supposed to dry overnight before I turn it off and I can't really tell with the screen off.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have a BodyGuardz on my Bold (same concept) and mine doesnt cloud the screen at all.
    I did have to wait overnight before turning it on but i caved after about 7hours (said to wait for about 15-20) It didnt matter since i dry-blowed it ON COLD AIR for about 20mins and it was all perfect after that !

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I was thinking about buying one from BestSkinsEver.com

Anyone try this? I used these on my iPhone and they were okay, not the best.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I have put the screen protectors on all of my phones and have never had any cloudiness

i've put both bodyguardz and Invisble Shield both worked great for the screen but the bodyguardz actually comes with the other parts to fully cover it where i found witht he invisble sheild had alot of naked parts

KPSK no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does it show a rippling affect on the screen, because it did when i got it for the iPhone i use to have.

lanestith no está en línea Stack level 2
    i would like to know how it turns out if you wouldnt mind emailing me or making another post with pictures of it. I just want to make sure its good before i buy it.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me C.R.E.A.M. - Wu Tang Clan

it had no rippling affect on me and it does truly leave all bubbles behind after a full 24hours on the unit

PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    Mine for some reason would not stick in the top right corner so I took it off.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I have used Best Skins Ever on multiple devices and have nothing but good to say about them. The whole trick is in how it's applied. If done correctly, they are almost entirely invisible.

My recommendation -- take your time, don't touch the sticky side unless your fingers are very wet and be patient when installing.

Enjoy!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I ordered the Bodyguardz... I figured since they cover more than anyone else, this would be the best product for me..... It should be here today/ tomorrow!!!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    I ordered the Bodyguardz... I figured since they cover more than anyone else, this would be the best product for me..... It should be here today/ tomorrow!!!
    Ive been using Bodyguardz on my Bold since september. Really high quality product indeed.
    Only problem is that dirt accumulates around the plastic and it gets gross therefore i had to take them off and apply the second set that comes with the first one just because im a neat freak and that it was again really gross lol

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c
    I just installed the Zagg Invisible Shield yesterday. Both pros and cons with this product as far as my experience.

Cons:
    - lots of little pieces that are almost impossible to remove from the backing with anything but a very small set of fingers, or tweezers.
    - Even with the small pieces on the edges, there are still quite a few exposed areas that can scratch.
    - Takes quite a bit of time to remove from the backing, wash your hands, spritz the shield pieces with the special spray, then squeegee, then wait 12-24 hours for drying.
    - Not sure how to remove these skins if I change my mind.
    -The back piece covers the leatherette and makes it look sort of slick and shiny (cheapens it in my view). Perhaps you'd want to consider leaving it off.
    - A little expensive for basically a vinyl covering ($24.95).
    - Zagg's packaging shows 3 pieces on their cover that are supposed to represent the invisible covering; when actually there are 12 pieces and most of them very small. The wording on the cover also says "full body" ...when in fact, it's not full body, it's sort of a jigsaw of pieces that's mostly but not all of the phone body.

Pros:
    - Skins are a nice idea if one likes to carry their Blackberry in their pocket without any sort of thicker covering. Nice to not to have to remove it from a sleeve (or similar) everytime one wants to access their BB. If you have just an empty pants or jacket pocket (guys) it's probably just as effective, except for a bit of pocket lint.
    - Nice packaging, but no doubt adds to the cost and it ends up in recycling anyway.

Bottom Line: I'd do it over and look for some sort of very thin silicone covering (or similar) rather than the Invisible Shield.
    Last edited by ablefton; 12-14-2008 at 06:45 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast