I just returned to the BlackBerry after a year with the iPhone and when I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PDADoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2709EE01

Invalid PIN or IMEI message

Advertisement

I just returned to the BlackBerry after a year with the iPhone and when I went to my BIS account (I never deleted it) and tried to change my device, I got the dreaded message all BlackBerry users hate to see.

So what do I have to do? I've researched it and have seen all sorts of conflicting messages. I'm the legal purchaser of the device, so I have nothing to fear from going to a provider (AT&T). I just want to know what do I say, and how likely are they to be helpful to me? Thanks for the help!
    The PDA Doc!
    BlackBerry Torch 9800

PIN/ID
    2709EE01
    I eventually got it sorted out myself. I must say that I'm disappointed not to have received any sort of reply whatsoever. I've noticed this on other BB forums as well.

I guess the atmosphere of cooperation has changed quite a bit in my year away from the BB OS.
    The PDA Doc!
    BlackBerry Torch 9800

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sorry nobody answered this, I never had the issue with an invalid IMEI message so I ould not have been able to offer much help. How did you sort it out? Maybe someone else will run across this thread needing the same thing.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    2709EE01
    I ended up contacting AT&T and they cleared the PIN for me.

Apparently the PIN hadn't been released from thee previous user, but I had no way of knowing that. In the end, the process took all of ten minutes.

I hope that helps.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, I am surprised that nobody responded to you here. We're usually on top of things around here.

Anyway, please do let us know how you sorted it out.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by PDADoc View Post
    I ended up contacting AT&T and they cleared the PIN for me.

Apparently the PIN hadn't been released from thee previous user, but I had no way of knowing that. In the end, the process took all of ten minutes.

I hope that helps.
    Yes, that helps. Had I seen this post, that is something I would've asked you.....if the device was new or you bought it second hand.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted out.

PIN/ID
    2709EE01
    Not a problem. As I said, though, I've noticed this on other BlackBerry forums as well, it's as though the most vocal participators have collectively clammed up, or people post snide remarks about searching before posting in such a way as to deter first-time BlackBerry users from asking any questions at all, which is what I thought the forums were for in the first place.

I will provide assistance to others as much as I can without any negative comments, provided I know the answers.
    The PDA Doc!
    BlackBerry Torch 9800

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Sorry you had a question without getting help/resolution from one of us.

I had/have this problem. I'm in Canada. Here, the carriers do not clear or "let go" of PIN's or IMEI's. They take no responsibility for this. Sorry I couldn't help.

I don't think I've seen snide remarks on Stacks, which is why I stay active on here to a certain extent. I hope you future encounters are better and more helpful than this past one.

Cheers!