Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Okay, I've only had my bold since December, so I have a lot of questions, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!

Internet Explorer

Advertisement

Okay, I've only had my bold since December, so I have a lot of questions, and I've been reading through some of the threads and I noticed someone mention that they were having problems with the internet running slow and some pages wouldn't load and someone responded for them to make sure they set their internet browser to Internet Explorer. I didn't even know it was possible to do that! Can someone tell me how to do that? I went into an att store to add my internet bc I figured they would need to show me how to do some things on it and the guy just added it and then sent me on my way. I hate calling customer care because I get a different answer for the same question from every person I talk to. I never know what to believe!so u all will probably hear a lot from me. There is so much I want to know/learn about my bold and I need to be educated! Lol. Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Open your browser, options, browser config, browser ident. (2 for 2 today)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Gosh I would love to just sit down and have coffee with ya! I'm so smitten! Lol I aspire to be 1/2 the Bold expert u are! You will probably be answering a lot more of my questions. I used to live n a big city where bb and iphones were a dime a dozen, but now I live n a lakeside town and its all old folks or people who don't care about using smartphones, so its been harder to stay in the loop on things. TSM, cooley!

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    What are the best settings do ppl use for the browser? I just use the default settings.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

I don't know squat. Actually have 8900, but most (if not all) options are similar on blackberrys. There are folks here that can amaze you with what they know. As well, just cruise the board and you'll learn quite a bit.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Okay, so I did what u said, when I click on the option browser identification, it won't give me any other options but Blackberry. What now?

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    To be honest, I wouldn't change it. Keeping it at Blackberry lets sites tailor their presentation. If. They think your phone is IE you will get crappy sites for your Bold.

Are you on corporate (BES) BlackBerry? If so your admin may not allow changing which is why you could see no options.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    No, I'm not corporate. I use my bold for personal use only. I'm pretty new to the world of Blackberry. I tried to go to a website once and it said I had to have internet explorer to view it, and it gave me an option to download it, but it said u had to have a windows based program to operate Internet Explorer. So I was really confused when I heard I could use internet explorer, and even more confused when I didn't have the option!?!?

swalker2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461c562
    The site that told you to use IE wasn't smart enough to know you were on a Blackberry. And anyway, I always try to stay away from sites like that. It means they are too lazy to produce HTML-compatible code or create versions for other browsers. There are a LOT of ppl that don't use IE.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    My bold gives the option to switch between "internet explorer", "firefox", and "blackberry"

You should have the same...

The difference is that your browser fools the site into believing that its a different kind of browser...

When you went into the setting and clicked on it, it should have given you all three options... If it didn't, restart your device...

If you're new to a blackberry, remember to restart every 3 or so days...

And let me know if you can see your browser options after a restart...

What red said. Told ya don't know squat. (Actually @ work and can't reply)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    What red said. Told ya don't know squat. (Actually @ work and can't reply)
    Hey guys! Ty red and cooley. I appreciate all of u guys' input. And red, I did restart my phone and I went back in and it did give me those three options, blackberry firefox and IE. I didn't even kniw until today that I had the option to change it. I make sure I restart my phone eery other day, and clean out all muy browser history and cookies and all. I am pretty good with PC's and a lot of the same basics seem to apply with the bold. Which is one of the reasons I really love this device. And cooley, didn't mean for u to msg me back immediately. Just thought I would open the option. Thanks again red!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Always glad to help... And cooley's a smart one... Just don't wanna admit it...

Fyi, I recommend you keep the setting to "blackberry"... Most sites that don't open up at all under this option CAN open under the internet explorer option, but they'll take their sweet time and hog up your bb and slow it down for the duration... Point is, they're usually not worth opening up from your bb...

Also, before you find this out on your own, the biggest diff between your bold and your computer is gonna be the 2.9mb email attachment limit... ( You can't view emails larger than this and can't send attachments larger than this either)...

Also, you may want to try either opera mini or the bold browser as alternatives when a site doesn't open up from your standard bb browser...

Both can be found in JerryD's mini tracker blog... (Accessible from the blog menu on the pinstack site from your computer) or I can get you the link, but ill have to browse it cuz I'm on wap...

JerryDs blog also contains links for a billion apps (not literally, but a lot) to get you started on $aximizing your Bold experience...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Always glad to help... And cooley's a smart one... Just don't wanna admit it...

Fyi, I recommend you keep the setting to "blackberry"... Most sites that don't open up at all under this option CAN open under the internet explorer option, but they'll take their sweet time and hog up your bb and slow it down for the duration... Point is, they're usually not worth opening up from your bb...

Also, before you find this out on your own, the biggest diff between your bold and your computer is gonna be the 2.9mb email attachment limit... ( You can't view emails larger than this and can't send attachments larger than this either)...

Also, you may want to try either opera mini or the bold browser as alternatives when a site doesn't open up from your standard bb browser...

Both can be found in JerryD's mini tracker blog... (Accessible from the blog menu on the pinstack site from your computer) or I can get you the link, but ill have to browse it cuz I'm on wap...

JerryDs blog also contains links for a billion apps (not literally, but a lot) to get you started on $aximizing your Bold experience...

Hey red, thank you so much for all your help and advice. I am amazed at all I am learning. I am so appreciative to u all for what u do. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    enjoy...
    i see RED...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast