ive been reading everywhere about the issues with 2g and 3g and switching and to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

interesting issue with bold

Advertisement

ive been reading everywhere about the issues with 2g and 3g and switching and to the luck of the blackberry gods. i have not been having these problems..

untill now...

whats weird is that everything was fine.. untill i went out to dinner last night in china town in nyc kinda like a basement style rest. as soon as we sat down.. my wifey and myself. we both noticed both of our bolds had searching for network.. i figured no big deal.. were are infact under the ground.. lol. so we enjoy dinner. go out for a drink after when it hits me. its been 2-3 hours before either of our phones went off.. now were both above ground in a open area in 3g swamped nyc.. both of our phones are now saying SOS....

im puzzled.. so we both do a battery pull (gotta love bb couples) and we sit there 3 min 4 min 5 min. it literally took about 10 minutes for both of our phones to boot up.. hers is fine.. full 5 bars of 3G mine still says searching for network.. also my email, bbm, host routing tables, text message icons are all gone.. at this point im like mmmmmmmk... so i do another battery pull. take out the sim and all. wait about 10 minutes. sim in battery in device boots in 30 seconds and i boom.. everythings working fine.. got about 20 emails in one shot couple of texts. and 3 voicemails...

im puzzled as to why this happend.. but it was about a half hour ordeal that killed my mood.. im hoping this doesnt happen everytime im in a no service area..

anyone ever have this happen when you lose service? running .134
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

waddeng no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well....I had sort of a similar problem. I was in a rural area (at a cottage) with no coverage over the long weekend. When I had my pearl, I new exactly when I would receive coverage because I would get all my emails from the weekend.

When I came home with my bold, I wasn't getting any e-mails. At a stoplight I checked and had 3G 4 bars, but was still getting no e-mails. Once I got home, my bold automatically connected to my WIFI network. When it did that, it went through the re-registration on the network and then I got 56 e-mails all at once.

Just a little confusing!

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Weird problem reconnecting to BIS through 3G it looks like...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    my bold lost signal and got it back and i got all my emails right away.
    Could it be because youre using it on a network that doesnt have the bold yet ?

waddeng no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    my bold lost signal and got it back and i got all my emails right away.
    Could it be because youre using it on a network that doesnt have the bold yet ?
    Mine was on Rogers with a Rogers Bold, but maybe you were talking about Nicky?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah thats what i meant but its weird that you got that problem too ... hmm ...