An app provider made a change to one of their applications and emailed me the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2

Installing an application?

Advertisement

An app provider made a change to one of their applications and emailed me the .cod and the .jad files...how do I install them? I have tried getting Desktop Manager to upload it (fails), I've tried installing it in the app file on the SD card (originally downloaded from app world). Suggestions?

Thanks!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is the app physically installed on your device? Do you have the e-mail with the .jad file on your device? If the answer to both of those questions is "yes" then you can install the upgrade by click on the .jad file within the e-mail. Apps can't currently be run from the media card, so it would have to be physically active on the device.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    The other thing you may try is downloading a program such as BBSAK on your desktop and try adding the files from there, but I'm not sure the .jad can be loaded I know the .cod can.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Is the app physically installed on your device? Do you have the e-mail with the .jad file on your device? If the answer to both of those questions is "yes" then you can install the upgrade by click on the .jad file within the e-mail. Apps can't currently be run from the media card, so it would have to be physically active on the device.

An old version of the app was installed, but when I try to open the .jad from email, it errors out.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Have you tried deleting the old version then installing from the email? Just a thought, if you've tried that, that's all I can think of besides what Roger and Mag posted
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

Yep...I tried installing it from email with and without the older version installed. It keeps erroring out.

What's the error you're getting? Maybe the developer sent you bad files.

I believe the file is corrupt...the developer avoids directly answering questions, its too bad; it looked to be a promising application...its even on BB AppWorld. Its had its issues since day one, and this was supposed to fix that...but it obviously didn't.

I'd tend to agree about the corrupt file. What's the app and what does it do? Is the latest version on AppWorld? Maybe you can re-download from there?

They have a newer version that supposedly fixes all the previous version's issues...but you got to buy it! Its not a free upgrade...and I already bought an upgrade that didn't work very well (or at least wasn't thought out very well). The app is an audio-book reader...the first version saved these massive files to your phone memory, with no option to save to your SD card, nor any option to even delete the files from your phone's memory when done...you can imagine this didn't work very well when some of the books were over 100MB each!!

Well that sucks.....it's disappointing when a developer is uncooperative and unwilling to work with users to make a better product.

Hope you finally get it resolved.

They seem willing to work with you, but its really slow in coming around...I bought the original app in February or March, and I still haven't been able to use it (the way it should work).

jho51e no está en línea Stack level 2
    I find that some devs are like that. I am trying to learn to be more patient. :-)