From the Tmo point three something. The device runs just a ---little--- faster and seems ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Installed .586 on my 9700

Advertisement

From the Tmo point three something. The device runs just a ---little--- faster and seems a little smoother. I like some of the changed device lock options: On the previous OS, pressing the Lock button on the top left of the device OR pressing and holding in the "A" key OR the ALT-ENTER combination would lock and invoke the password. On 586 the top Lock key and the A key make the device hibernate (lock the keypad), but do not invoke the password; using the Alt/Enter combo puts it under password protection. I like having the choice, and don't remember any other os or BB device that gave you the option - in the past it was either lock the keys, or password the phone. There seems to be several minor appearance changes, like the keys on the calculator are white instead of red; etc. When you lock it, the lights/keypad turn off right away, instead of fading away graciously as before. Biggest thing, though, is, like I said above, it's a little faster and a little more - um - seamless is the word, I guess.

Final interesting note: 586 is a small percentage (3? 4? mb) smaller than the point three something that it shipped with . . .

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Interesting observations, Mark. Thanks..... .593 has an official release now, too. I prefer this version over the .586. Had some issues with that one.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ditto Rog ...593 feels more stable. No clocks on screen so far !

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I have had 0 issues with .593
    Loving it....but wishing we'd get another leak already
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Ok, ok, I'll bite - 593 was not listed in the official list above, but I found it and it is downloading as we speak (or, rather, as we type . . .). So less than 24 hours after downloading/installing one version, I'll be downloading/installing a newer. My wife's right - BlackBerry users are wierd! [grin]

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^ Wrong Bud ! Your wife is wrong! We Ok, it's the rest of the world that is weird...!But, of course, they dont know any better !
    Let us know how it works on your BB !

. . . . and .593 is installed and running. However, I see only two differences: it is just a quarter tick slower. The device is still very, very fast, and i see no hourglasses, but it is not as buttery smooth as .586 was - and the second difference is welcome, the blue outlines around the thumbnails in the media menu are thicker so you can see where you are. Probably more differences are waiting around the corner that I will discover as time passes . . .

And then back to 586! This one runs my handheld a little better - smoother - faster than the others. Wow! Have had this 9700 for only a week and have done 4 OS changes! The camera didn't work as well, the pictures were a little lower quality, using .593, and the whole phone ran a little slower, with a little hesitation. But, back on 586 it's rocking again!