Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I have had the Bold for about a week and let me just say ... BlackBerry Bold forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Initial BOLD Impressions After a week or so....

Advertisement

So I have had the Bold for about a week and let me just say that if was any more disappointed,I'd be John McCain. Here are my experiences:

1. At $399 ($100 Mail in rebate) - It's a rip-off. Period. With the Curve at $80 or less and the Storm at $199, this souped up Curve (IMO) isn't gonna make ATT's best sellers list.

2. On mine, when I press the function keys right under the screen, I get swirlies, like when I press on an LCD - That's bad.

3. The Keys are EXCELLENT and a pleasure to use/push.

4. The screen, while excellent - I can't tell a big difference between it and my other devices - Maybe if I were a hawk or eagle I may be able to - But then again, I always have a problem seeing HUGE differences in picture when I'm at Best Buy looking at DVD, HD, Blu-Ray...

5. The faux leather back? That's exactly what it looks like...faux leather.

6. The OS seems solid and mine boots up lightning fast.

7. No crashes as of yet.

8. It is definitely NOT TOO BIG as I was hearing before release - It's a very comfortable phon and I enjoy holding it.

9. Battery life is pretty good - Not curve good, but sufficient to lasdt through the day without too much issue.

10. See number 1.

In retrospect, I thought this was going to be my go-to BB for a LONG time -I was wrong and am looking forward to the $199 Storm in a week. Maybe it's the BS that ATT went through with delays - VZW's site has a very clear message - $199 on 11/21. I like that. If the Bold is $399, IMO, the Storm should be $1299. I just really don't think that a new 2-year activation PLUS a $399 device is a good combo. Just a prediction, but I can almost guarantee that the Bold isn't gonna rock the ATT boat...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great write up thanks for sharing your opinion.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Terrapin, what OS are you using?

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Great info for non Bold users trying to buy the Bold.

whatever came with the phone - the device is temporailry out of my possession but it's whatever was originally released with the device a weeks ago...soory I cant be of more help...

Please keep in mind...I am in NO WAY knocking the Bold - It is an AWESOME device. My frustration and disappointment stems more from it's price point and the "ATT way of doing things". In the end, I am sure that the Bold will serve it's new owner(s) respectfully and reliably. It's funny, I spoke to a VZW rep a few days ago and they said the Storm may be as high as $499 with a new 2-year. That sounded reasonable to me for some reason as it is the 1st ever touch screen BB. When I confirmed the $199 I almost fainted. Too good t be true. That made me mad at ATT and the Bold - As if getting mad at a phone is normal...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    Please keep in mind...I am in NO WAY knocking the Bold - It is an AWESOME device. My frustration and disappointment stems more from it's price point and the "ATT way of doing things". In the end, I am sure that the Bold will serve it's new owner(s) respectfully and reliably. It's funny, I spoke to a VZW rep a few days ago and they said the Storm may be as high as $499 with a new 2-year. That sounded reasonable to me for some reason as it is the 1st ever touch screen BB. When I confirmed the $199 I almost fainted. Too good t be true. That made me mad at ATT and the Bold - As if getting mad at a phone is normal...
    Indeed I find ATT's price to be quite outrageous.
    Now mind you Rogers did release it for a more expensive price and even worse : 399.99$ on a 3years contract but quickly brought it down to 299.99 and then 199.99$ on a 3years contract with the Curve priced at 99.99$ and the Pearl/Flip both at 49.99$
    Rogers had a lot to learn from ATT but now I believe the table has turned ... Coming from Canada i always saw ATT as a leader and now im slowly starting to see that if i move to the USA my choice will be between T-Mo and Verizon. And ATT for device purchases then quickly unlock them haha

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I think you should have waited. Not saying I don't think the Bold is worth the money, because I do, I paid a rediculous amount for my 8830 long ago. But early adopters always get the short end of the stick on pricing. Just look at where the iPhone was compared to now, doesn't make any sense! It's the same phone! But I digress, at&t loves them some Apple right now, and anything that might be viewed as competition will be made to look less appealing. First months and months of delays, and now a price point that could take you to space. No thanks, no thanks.

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2
    I paid over $400 for my 8800 when it first came out, so the price doesn't bother me at all....

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    i thikn my main prob with the phone is that its 3g... its so fast so im always on it.. and my battery dies in 12 hrs...
    torched!

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    i thikn my main prob with the phone is that its 3g... its so fast so im always on it.. and my battery dies in 12 hrs...
    Ha! I don't think the phone is the problem here. I smell addiction.

gator2418 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BDDBF
    I purchased the Bold and returned it in a few days. I didn't like the weak vibration, it was kinda big and the price was a little steep. The Bold is a great phone as well but not for me.

Then I exchanged it for the iphone( I know shame on me) The touch screen keyboard and the push and fetch email was not my cup of tea......So i exchanged that for the Curve.....

Excellent Phone should have stuck with this one in the beginning....

I have racked up restock fees and wasted gas....lol
    " GROWN MAN GADGET"
    " WATCHA YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT"
    PIN# 249F0817

VisionAJ no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    So basically you can bring it back within 30 days, and get a full refund, on the spot? With just paying a restocking fee? No more contract, plan, etc? Boom, "unsatisfied", done? (AT&T)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I paid $599 for my Bold and had to fight to get rebates.

But it was worth every penny

In my opinion, I believe the Storm will be a bust. I really doubt the touch screen will work well. The virtual keyboard is a crutch. It cannot replace the feel of a real keyboard.

I believe the hot seller in Canada (unless the Javelin comes in really cheap) will be the Bold and the top seller in the US will be the Javelin, simply because they have poor 3G coverage in the States.

The Storm will do well, but I expect the reviewers to compare the iPhone vs the Storm and I truly believe the iPhone will take the crown.

iPhone Advantages

Multi-Touch
    Safari
    You-Tube

Storm

Push email
    BlackBerry Messenger

All the Storm Advantages can be found in any BlackBerry, it will be the virtual keyboard that brings it down.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ge count me in on this one.
    Altho i believe the Javelin will sell really welll in Canada because it will be (mark my words) aggressivelly priced. Rogers learnt their lesson with the Bold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast