Hi all. I just recently moved from BB Curve 8520 to BB Bold 9780.....to be ... BlackBerry Bold forum

goodadithya no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    276D5D1B

Thumbs up Information & help

Advertisement

Hi all. I just recently moved from BB Curve 8520 to BB Bold 9780.....to be frank, it feels awesome. But, after reading about how people are hating the 9780, I sorta feel that I had been impatient. For one, the battery life is completely overpowering the curve. Also, the 5MP cam(not at all upto the mark of similar 5MP cams) is much better than a 2MP from Curve. OS6 and 3G have been additional advantages. However, the browser in unfriendly. Also, I find that many items in the menu are missing. For example: When I enlarge a picture in BBM, and then press the BB button(menu), I don't get an option to 'save'....this is bad. The "SELECT" and paste function in BBM and sms are pathetic to be honest. Also, I find that BBM is much slower, although better looking with its curviness...(not offered in a curve....lol....coz I can't upgrade it). Also, I find that the overall functioning is very slow especially the sms and messages.....I dunno if this can be brought to the notice of RIM developers...but, if anyone of you can do so, I would be grateful on behalf of all. Also, I would request people having knowledge of similar problems to post it here and it could be collectively shared and understood. Any solutions would be welcome with pleasure. Please do share your views. Thanking you all.........

Adithya
    276D5D1B

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Adithya, this is a user-to-user forum......no RIM employees here.

You might be in need of an OS upgrade on your device. A fresh install of an OS alleviates a lot of the issues you describe, as well as making your device a lot "peppier."

Go to Options>Device>About Device Versions. On the third line down you'll find your current version. It'll look something like this: v6.0.0.xxx

Let us know what you have then we'll see what we can do.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Another thing you may want to check out Shrink-A-OS, check out some instructions HERE you can get rid of some of the items you never use reducing memory and speeding up your device. As for the browser, there are other options out there but bb browser is not the best. I get great response on my browser by utilizing WIFI whenever possible it's 10 times faster.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Another thing you may want to check out Shrink-A-OS, check out some instructions HERE you can get rid of some of the items you never use reducing memory and speeding up your device. As for the browser, there are other options out there but bb browser is not the best. I get great response on my browser by utilizing WIFI whenever possible it's 10 times faster.
    Yes WIFI browsing is def a better experience. I tend to keep my PB around for most of my Browsing now, so its not such a big issue to me(I realize that option is not for everyone), you might try other mobile browsers such as OPERA or Bolt.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

goodadithya no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    276D5D1B
    Hey Roger..yeah...just wanted to know if in case anyone was with RIM.
    It says
    6.0 Bundle 2115 (v6.0.0.480, Platform 6.5.0.153)

So, I tried to update through the mobile itself and I get a reply saying that this is the latest software.So, what can i do?