Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am having trouble with the new app store. I want a bunch of the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bwag717 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A0A931

Increase Application Memory

Advertisement

I am having trouble with the new app store. I want a bunch of the apps but I do not have enough memory. The onboard 1GB is just for pics and stuff but I would rather use that for application memory. Any ideas would be apprieciated.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Do you have an SD card in your Bold?
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

PIN/ID
    24A0A931
    yes. i tried to move them to the SD but it said i have to reformat everything

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Arize(I think that's how you spell it) has a card loader. I use it. It allows you to load your apps to the card and then upload them from there to your device. Unfortunately you can't run apps from the SD card as they need to be installed on your device. The 1GB of on board memory is used for all media, the 128MB of RAM is used for your apps. Over half of that is used for the OS. So that leaves you with around 64MB of RAM left depending on how and what you installed with your OS. I guess the average user is looking at around 50MB to start with before the 3rd party apps are installed(depending on the OS installed) it may not sound like much but the average app is about 400 to 700 KB. Given that you need about 7-10 MB of RAM for the device to function properly that leaves you with around 40MB for your apps or around 40 to 45 apps that can theoretically be installed on your Bold. I like th card loader as it allows me to download my apps and if I need to install a new os and do a wipe, their right waiting to be loaded. Hope this helps.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    You will find your Bold works best with the least amount of software. Think about if you really need it and will use it.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

BBNB01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31DB163E
    I also am useing the AERIZE Loader..........I did a wipe this morning&lost all my contacts POO ON ME!!ANYWAYS I went from 19byts to 22 in the memory+Install a couple of other apps.I have a total of 4 running on the card& am very pleased with it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by BBNB01 View Post
    I also am useing the AERIZE Loader..........I did a wipe this morning&lost all my contacts POO ON ME!!ANYWAYS I went from 19byts to 22 in the memory+Install a couple of other apps.I have a total of 4 running on the card& am very pleased with it.
    That just reminded me to do a backup because I changed some contacts and passwords, lol, thanks

PIN/ID
    24A0A931
    just to clairify, there is no easy way to give your app memory more memory?

lando4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FB09EF
    can the ram 1gb be upgraded
    Lando
    (googletalk/latitude)
    landopecs@gmail.com

PIN# 30FB09EF
    http://jackshill.hi5.com

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by bwag717 View Post
    just to clairify, there is no easy way to give your app memory more memory?
    No way that I know of, it's gotten better with some of the OS's. Right know I'm on 5.0 and seems to be the same as .247. Around 52 megs with 7 3rd party apps installed so far. I did notice that when I updated the OS and used JL commander to wipe the device completely I gained. A little app memory. This I contribute to 1: not installing everything that the factory has installed, and 2: getting rid of any traces of old apps that I've loaded and deleted.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by lando4 View Post
    can the ram 1gb be upgraded
    You don't have 1gb on RAM only 128mb to start with. I think not because this is a hardware issue and not software, firmware.

PIN/ID
    24A0A931
    you would think that BB would allow you to allocate a bit of apps to the unused 1GB onboard.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    If windows mobile and symbian guys can do it, I mean make it possible to install and run almost all apps from memory card, why doesn't RIM think about it, especially now that the Appworld is there to blow our minds off - wanting to have all goodies. Maybe some tweaks in the latest OS could do the trick.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    The real solution is RIM get off their *** and put some REAL app memory in devices. 128 megabytes? In 2009? There is NO valid reason for RIM to keep supplying so little memory, a Gig of app memory would cost but a few bucks and they would more than make up for it in app sales!

And they need to make OS 5.0 allow running apps from either the 1 GB or from memory card. Hell, buy out Aerize and build that into the OS proper.

PIN/ID
    24A0A931
    i agree. too little space. i just can't understand why they haven't fixed it with a firmware upgrade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast