I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I recently upgraded to the leak ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Incoming calls from address book not showing in Leak 9700 OS 5.0.0.545

Advertisement

I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I recently upgraded to the leak 9700 OS 5.0.0.545. Everything seems to be working fine when it comes to my apps However, whenever I receive a call from a contact listed in my phone book the phone number just displays then once the conversation is over the name of the person is listed in the call log. But other times the name it doesn’t show the name in the call log. I haven’t read anyone so far having this issue. I tried editing a phone number to include a 1 in front of the area code but still only the phone number comes up. I never had this issue before.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try this: Go to the apps screen-->Settings-->Options-->Security Options-->Encryption. Is encryption enabled? If it is, is include contacts checked or set to yes? If it is try disabling include contacts and see if that helps. Good luck!

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Hi alryder,

Thanks for the suggestion but I do not have encryption enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by alryder View Post
    Try this: Go to the apps screen-->Settings-->Options-->Security Options-->Encryption. Is encryption enabled? If it is, is include contacts checked or set to yes? If it is try disabling include contacts and see if that helps. Good luck!

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Bummer, hopefully someone with more knowledge about this issue will come along soon. Sorry I couldn't help.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Press the phone button, then the BB menu button>Options>Smart Dialing. Make sure all the settings in there are correct.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Yup all settings correct. I'm thinking it's the OS just wondering if anyone had this issue. I will most likely have to downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Press the phone button, then the BB menu button>Options>Smart Dialing. Make sure all the settings in there are correct.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hm. I only had that OS on my device for a day or so and can't remember any issues with contacts on phone calls, sorry.

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    Quote Originally Posted by tfrankson View Post
    I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I recently upgraded to the leak 9700 OS 5.0.0.545. Everything seems to be working fine when it comes to my apps However, whenever I receive a call from a contact listed in my phone book the phone number just displays then once the conversation is over the name of the person is listed in the call log. But other times the name it doesn’t show the name in the call log. I haven’t read anyone so far having this issue. I tried editing a phone number to include a 1 in front of the area code but still only the phone number comes up. I never had this issue before.

I am using the same build and the the Name and Number both appear when an incomming call and the contact is listed in the address book.

narcosis no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2164F805
    It may not be an OS issue. I switch between Indonesian and Singapore operators quite often, and my contacts never appear when a call comes in when I use the Singapore SIM card. Things work just fine when I am using the Indonesian SIM.

My OS is V5.0.0.344 and on Indosat (Indonesia) and Starhub (Singapore).

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Well, I finally just went back to 5.0.0.442 and all is working well. I first tried the official 5.0.0.545 from Vodaphone and the Leak 5.0.0.536 but I was still having the same call issue of only the numbers appearing for my contacts I have in my address book. Funny it seems I’m the only one with this issue.

Thanks all for the help.

Vickievoodoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think you will find this is a software issue. I have spoken with my network provider today after my phone started sporadically displaying incorrect information with incoming calls (the name of the last caller even when it was someone completely different; a dialling code rather than the name of my contact). Blackberry are aware of this issue apparently and have said a software update on your phone 'should' resolve it.