Yesterday, I charged my phone and it was working fine while charging. Till I decided ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ABVC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20DDF8F4

Question In need of help for my bb 9000 :)

Advertisement

Yesterday, I charged my phone and it was working fine while charging. Till I decided to check my phone for SMS. When I was trying to open it, it wouldn't turn on anymore, but when I pull my battery out and plug again, it would just have occasional RED LED BLINKS or even A LONG RED LED ON.
    I have read so many solutions for it, but I am always stuck at having my device detected in apploader.
    When I use LOADER, there are no communication ports to be selected, and it couldn't detect my phone.
    I have already tried to charge it via USB and wall charger, but NO LUCK.
    I have had it checked by some technicians, and they all said it is a grounded phone. It may have short circuited.
    If it helps, my bb is on v5.x OS.
    I am using a DM v4.7

is my blackberry dead already? what should I do? :|

Thank you so much in advanced!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You might want to try a new battery first if you're using the original battery.

Otherwise, this thread should help you get back up and running.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack, by the way! We'll do everything we can to assist you!

ABVC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20DDF8F4

Hi sir!

Thank you for acknowledging my being new here and for being so welcoming!

I have tried to change my battery twice already, and it would only turn up a long red led, around 30 seconds, then would turn off afterwards. It seems like it only drains up the energy in the battery, then dies again.

But when I plug in my old battery, the led would light up about 2 seconds and would shut. This happens everytime.

Would not plugging in my battery in the phone for a long time remove electric currents left in the phone itself?
    Would it help?

I'm pretty sure I didn't get my unit wet, as I was just charging it up. Unless it had a moist inside that could have caused the water damage?

Thank you so much!