Hello everyone! It's great to be back after a year of torture with my Nokia ... BlackBerry Bold forum

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

I'm back!

Advertisement

Hello everyone! It's great to be back after a year of torture with my Nokia E90! It's really so dumb that Nokia actually calls it a business phone. Throughout last year I've upgraded the firmware 3 times and it's still slow like hell but now I've finally switched back to a BB Bold.

I love my Bold but I've been encountering 2 major issues with it and was wondering if anyone could give me some advise.

Right now, whenever I left my Bold in idle mode or holster, the screen freezes. Which means whatever keypress I input doesn't seem to work except ALT+SHIFT+DEL. It gets very frustrating cos whenever I need to use it, I gotta do a reset before it can function as normal.

The second thing is the battery doesn't seem to last long enough for a day. In the past my 8800 didn't have such battery issues even though I'm browsing the web for one whole day.

Anyone facing such issues? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!
    I'm currently using OS version 4.6.0.162 and my carrier is MobileOne(M1) Singapore. I've checked thru their site and this is the current version they have that supports multiple language e.g. Chinese

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well first of all welcome back !
    The issue you are having may be one of .162's bugs. It was never stable for me.
    Try upgrading to the latest OS being 190.
    As far as battery life, its an unfair comparison you're making because the Bold has 3G which drains bayterry likw there's no tomorrow

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2569098C
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Well first of all welcome back !
    The issue you are having may be one of .162's bugs. It was never stable for me.
    Try upgrading to the latest OS being 190.
    As far as battery life, its an unfair comparison you're making because the Bold has 3G which drains bayterry likw there's no tomorrow

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hmm. does it mean if I switch to 2G the battery life may last longer?

And er.. sorry to ask where can I get the link to OS 190? Does it support chinese input?

Thanks in advance!

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Upgarde to a aftermarket extended battery... Try the seidio website.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Im not sure about chinese input but yes the battery life will last longer on 2G unless you have a ATT Bold which doesnt let you pick 2G or 3G like on the Rogers ones.
    As for the latest OS check this thread :http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._2008_a-92067/

PIN/ID
    2569098C
    Thanks guys, I'll check them out tomorrow

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by d8nnii View Post
    Hello everyone! It's great to be back after a year of torture with my Nokia E90! Throughout last year I've upgraded the firmware 3 times and it's still slow like hell but now I've finally switched back to a BB Bold.

I love my Bold but I've been encountering 2 major issues with it and was wondering if anyone could give me some advise. Right now, whenever I left my Bold in idle mode or holster, the screen freezes.

The second thing is the battery doesn't seem to last long enough for a day. In the past my 8800 didn't have such battery issues even though I'm browsing the web for one whole day.

I'm currently using OS version 4.6.0.162
    Congratulations on your new Bold, and Welcome Back!

I'm not familiar with the issue when using a holster as have not personally used that feature.

Regarding battery life, I've tried a wide variety of Bold OS updates and find that from .167 and newer they are all pretty good. In particular .167 from AT&T has returned the best battery life for me.
    I'm getting nearly the exact same amount of run time as I do on my Curve 8310. I'm currently running .167 and getting great battery life.

Here is the direct link AT&T 4.6.0.167

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Welcome back to the Bright side. Glad to have you back.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome back. Once a Stacker, always a Stacker!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    Welcome back. Once a Stacker, always a Stacker!
    Indeed. Even if you change devices its REALLY hard to give up on this community

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome back! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~