Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

is it worth getting? My understanding is that it will not be compatible with tmobile's ... BlackBerry Bold forum

matt0810 no está en línea Stack level 2

If the 9000 comes to tmobile...

Advertisement

is it worth getting?

My understanding is that it will not be compatible with tmobile's 3g network?(I am a tmobile customer) Which may be the biggest reason why I will not get this phone....

Please convince me there is still something to look forward to in this model for me!? Tell me it's worth it...

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    This is a hard pressed question for anyone who already has a blackberry no matter which carrier gets it. That's just my opinion. It's really a hard question if it's going to your carrier and you half to shell out a million bucks because you are already under contract. For me I'm satisfied with my 8820 (AT&T)and it gives me everything I want. I think this a question all present blackberry owners have to ask themselves. Yeah, the 9000 is loaded from a technical stand point so it simply won't be a cheap phone for the majority of current owners.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I haven't heard anything about the 9000 not working with T-Mo's 3G. For me 3G won't be here until next year.

Plus in a 88xx vs 83xx design - I go with the 83xx every time. Personally I think the 9000 is ugly and don't see anything I like enough to buy it. I will wait for the next round which will hopefully be more Curve like.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm not getting this for the same reason as Melissa. Its the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life. I'm gonna pass on this and get the flipberry, aka KickStart.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I dont care if the phone is ugly or pretty its what inside and for it to have an exessive amont of memory inside is why I will be getting it. Also to have wifi and gps on one device it also nice.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I am still not covince about it either and as far as 3G for tmobile not sure but looks like tmobile focuses more on wifi technology which is better

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    i agree with the above,very UGLY, they should have named it BLACKBERRY BRICK
    Mike

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I like it! LOL! I want the larger memory. The clincher will be is if I can type easily.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't think it's ugly but it needs to have better key features like larger memory for instance.....other than that I'll keep my 8320. I might change my mind as it comes out though.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I am kinda dissapointed. I remember being so excited when the 8320 was coming out. I was couting down the days. Of course at the time it was the 8700 for full keypad or the Pearl if you could handle suretype. I actually had an 8300 I had unlocked and been using, but WiFi was perfect for me (weaker signal in my house).

Of course, maybe its just because the Curve is a great phone.

And being female, and pregnant, I reserve the right to change my mind whenever I want.

As for typing, just like the Curve vs the 8800 vs the Pearl, its all personal prefernce. I can type on the 8800 or the Pearl, but I find the Curve is more typable, so to speak.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tmo's network will be 1700mHz spectrum, so the current form of the 9000 announced will not work on tmo's umts/hsdpa network, however I doubt rim will take much time to pop in a new chip for tmo's frequency asap....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

matt0810 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by untjoker View Post
    Tmo's network will be 1700mHz spectrum, so the current form of the 9000 announced will not work on tmo's umts/hsdpa network, however I doubt rim will take much time to pop in a new chip for tmo's frequency asap....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's good to hear. Just looking to replace the pearl soon. The curve is nice, but if this is available with the 3g I might have to pull the trigger. I just hope I have an upgrade or maybe its time to renew a contract or you know, win the lottery or something.

g_patrick15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435646F
    Its been annouced that it will in fact have 1700

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep, read that this morning...the only question is how long, will tmo's hsdpa be enabled any time soon, and will it be hot spot at home compatible.....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

g_patrick15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435646F
    They've already launched the UMTS network with HSDPA-there just aren't any hsdpa capable handsets launched. The first one is to be launched in july of this year. So whenever 3G launches in your area and the bold is released, you'll be able to use it to its fullest extent. And too, all of their upcoming wifi handsets should be hotspot at home compatible

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast