i want to swap my 9700 for a new 1 because the one i have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

marcrott no está en línea Stack level 2

I want to to swap my 9700

Advertisement

i want to swap my 9700 for a new 1 because the one i have now has a scratch on the track pad. ive had it since it came out in november, and im not sure what the rules are. whats a good excuse to get tmo to give me a new one so they wont just write me off? also should i call about it or go in store to exchange it? THANKS!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There is no good excuse to give for that. After owning it 30 days you would just get a refurb anyway even if you had a legitimate reason for exchange, but you don't!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

nuangel1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    that alone,scratch on trackpad, is not a reason to get it replaced

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    save the hassle and go to cnn.cn and buy a new track pad--
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    save the hassle and go to cnn.cn and buy a new track pad--
    That would be my suggestion....all though would that void the warranty? Just wondering if the scratch is really worth the hassle...after the year warranty I would buy the new track pad and housing. Just my opinion.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I know it bothers you but that's not a reason to get a replacement. If you had some sort of defect or if the scratch was deep enough to cause issues that might be another story. Fact is you just don't like the scratch being there and fact is if you were to get a new one the same thing would most likely happen again as you're not going to change the way you handle the device. I would suggest getting a sheath that you can keep your Berry in so that no more scratches come about. BB has some nice OEM sheaths that are leather for your device. Please don't take these comments as being rude or not understanding as all of us would like to have a flawless device that looks as good as it did when we first bought it, its just not going to happen, everyday wear will eventually show and no matter how careful you are its going to get a little character to it eventually.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Does it affect it jn anyway ad far as usability? Did u get the insurance? If u did u could
    just file for that an replace it that way. I'd highly doubt if you scratched it they would replace it, no matter where it was, unless it effected the usability of the device.

That's just what I would think.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    There is no good excuse to give for that. After owning it 30 days you would just get a refurb anyway even if you had a legitimate reason for exchange, but you don't!
    Well, I'd like to trade in my 1994 jeep because it has a scratch on the door, is that a possibility?

LOL I know. I'm just kinda upset because I take such good care of it. Its only been a month and thats the only thing I see when I look at it. As for the cnn thing, thats complicated. LOL oh well, I'll learn to cope...

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3
    keep it and stay honest, the scratch is not a reason they will take it back, and to make up a reason would be considered fraud. if the phone is working the keep using it.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    if it is really important to you, why not sell it, get what you can out of it, put some cash with that and buy a new one?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

if it is really important to you, why not sell it, get what you can out of it, put some cash with that and buy a new one?
    never thought of doing that. that could work

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    That would be my suggestion....all though would that void the warranty? Just wondering if the scratch is really worth the hassle...after the year warranty I would buy the new track pad and housing. Just my opinion.

yea that would void the warranty- i shouldve added that on my first post
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)