Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by asapp I just left my AT&T store and the WOULD NOT sell ... BlackBerry Bold forum

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by asapp View Post
    I just left my AT&T store and the WOULD NOT sell me one not with a new contract or upgrade. Since I did not qualify for an upgrade - nor would they give me and exception upgrade - they would not sell me one. They said that got the notification about that this morning. It is like the iphone when it went on sale. I WAS NOT A HAPPY PERSON.
    I got the same story and was in a similiar situation regarding my upgrade status.

I challenged the manager on that statement and he said he would call his DM. His DM told him that he could indeed sell it to me outright and they did.

Paid full retail for it, thanked them all for their time and professionalism, and went back to work on the 4th.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The Dymanics of AT&T's approach to customer service have been negatively impacted by Apple. Unfortunately this is "The New AT&T" as proven by the all time huckster... A certain Steve Jobs.
    sent via Curve 8310 the BlackBerry that just works ..
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by dj flyy View Post
    see now, I walked into AT&T and the STORE MANAGER told me that I could not buy a Bold without a number on AT&T. Regardless of a contract upgrade, regardless of the fact that I would be paying full price (over half a thousand dollars). she REFUSED unless I could provide a number on AT&T's network.

is anyone else having this problem? i'm tmo.
    Yikes! Well, I don't know many people that have ever bought a device outright, that haven't been customers of that cell provider. I am not sure if they are entitled to refuse you service...that's a good q.

Can anyone pitch in?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Stores are not trying to sell phones, their main job is to extend contracts or recruit new customers.

If you are not an AT&T customer, they are not obligated to sell you anything.

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2
    If that's true than that means AT&T is giving their own customers some bad service. Customer satisfaction is a result of the difference between expected and perceived service. If customers are expecting good prices on their phones and they are being let down, they will see it as bad custmer service and possibly switch carriers. The goal of the stores should be to keep customers happy not sell plans. Hopefully AT&T figures it out soon.

I personally stick with AT&T because they cover my area the best in terms of towers and cell reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Stores are not trying to sell phones, their main job is to extend contracts or recruit new customers.

If you are not an AT&T customer, they are not obligated to sell you anything.

kingsfan33 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I originally bought the bold as a new ATT customer but now I would like to unlock and take it to tmobile. Would I be able to go into the store and pay the price difference from what I paid and full retail and cancel my contract?

Quote Originally Posted by kingsfan33 View Post
    I originally bought the bold as a new ATT customer but now I would like to unlock and take it to tmobile. Would I be able to go into the store and pay the price difference from what I paid and full retail and cancel my contract?
    They charge an ETF (early termination fee) of $175 to cancel your contract. You have already paid for the phone.

Via BlackBerry

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsfan33 View Post
    I suppose if you are in the return period, you can return the phone and void the contract, and then go to another store to buy one outright with no contract. Buy an unlock code and go to TMO if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    then go to another store to buy one outright with no contract.
    AT&T is not selling the Bold outright to non AT&T customers

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    AT&T is not selling the Bold outright to non AT&T customers

What about stores other than ATT? Like Bestbuy or Car Toys or Online?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123