Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I just left my AT&T store and the WOULD NOT sell me one not with ... BlackBerry Bold forum

asapp no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I just left my AT&T store and the WOULD NOT sell me one not with a new contract or upgrade. Since I did not qualify for an upgrade - nor would they give me and exception upgrade - they would not sell me one. They said that got the notification about that this morning. It is like the iphone when it went on sale. I WAS NOT A HAPPY PERSON. I called several stores in the area and they all said the same thing. I finally went to Best Buy and got it - since my company is paying for it, that was not a huge problem for me.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by asapp View Post
    I just left my AT&T store and the WOULD NOT sell me one not with a new contract or upgrade. Since I did not qualify for an upgrade - nor would they give me and exception upgrade - they would not sell me one. They said that got the notification about that this morning. It is like the iphone when it went on sale.
    This is very disappointing to hear. However here is the reason why.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That and the fact that a Rep does not make commission at ALL on an outright buy of the Bold.
    Now, ill beat you to your answer Archer (lol), yes the Store makes money and compensates the Rep with a salary increase in the future if the store makes a lot of money or bonuses etc...
    But most reps are selfish and they dont want to lose a commission on the launch day of a popular device; they figure oh well one angry customer but 20 happy to make a new activation and 20 good commissions for me!
    And it is really sad but its the same for every cellphone company around the world.
    Reps have to grow/smarten up!

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    That and the fact that a Rep does not make commission at ALL on an outright buy of the Bold.its the same for every cellphone company around the world.
    True

wow... i just set a world record. mr. verbose answered in just one word... i must be slipping..

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    True

wow... i just set a world record. mr. verbose answered in just one word... i must be slipping..
    well i kinda answered his question AND included your answer to my answer and my answer to your answer to my answer all in one single post!
    i dont need you anymore my dear friend hahaha! jk Archer i love debating with you!
    Last edited by ranxoren; 11-04-2008 at 10:42 PM.

mentalcase no está en línea Stack level 1
    While the Bold will not be like the iPhone, only selling with 2 yr contracts, a store can refuse to sell one at full retail. There is no rule that says a store has to sell one if a customer wants to buy it at full retail. Store usually get instructions when a popular phone releases to sell them only to upgrades and new lines.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Nope. Corporate Stores cannot refuse to sell it to you outright.
    ATT Resellers definitely they can do wtv they want with their stock.
    But if a Corporate ATT Store refuses to sell it to you i would report them to head office. Thats how it works with Rogers although a lot of stores still do it because the customer are not aware of what i just mentioned.

kinkbmxrydr no está en línea Stack level 2
    I went to my local AT&T corp. store and they refused to sell the phone to me with the no commitment price. Went home and got on the phone with 611 customer care and ordered it

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by kinkbmxrydr View Post
    I went to my local AT&T corp. store and they refused to sell the phone to me with the no commitment price. Went home and got on the phone with 611 customer care and ordered it
    I would have reported them after taking down the rep's name and employee IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I would have reported them after taking down the rep's name and employee IDs
    This is what I've done in the past, however now the "iron curtain" has been raised. Recently I asked for an employee ID and was refused. So I escalated the call and was stonewalled again. At that point after an hour I simply gave up. Had the issue been larger than it was, I would have stayed on the line but this one was not worth the extra investment of my time.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ What ATT likes to do time and time again is that they like to tell people that aren't new activations, or full upgrades, that they can't sell the phone to you outright. This is because these people work off of comission and for them, a new act would score them points for adding unlimited data and text (agents don't receive comish off of activations - only on add ons)
    However, agents are NOT allowed to refuse you service just because they want there comission! If you have problems, you should immediately speak with the manager and if they aren't helpful (I've scene it happen) than I would call ATT directly and give a formal complaint. That's manipulation and not cool.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    Ok well I have not read this entire thread but I do work for ATT and they do sell it without contract instore only but they will usually limit you to one and its 550. I sold a bunch yesterday. One customer bought one for 400 with a 100 mail in and then purchased the other for 550 no commitment price for his other line.

I do have one comment though. All the stores in miami area did not fair well with the launch. November 4th we have about 10 phones and 4 were DOA's...Customers returning them for another or some just returned it and said forget it. Not a very good start thus far here in the states and I have heard this was not just a local issue it was nation wide.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    Archer6 in case I didn't make it clear, I will not be activating my phone with ATT. I just want the bold, get it unlocked, and use it on TMO's EDGE.

I figured since I have my wifes phone on att that they'd be more lenient. But since they know I'm not activating the bold with them, they won't release the unlock code to me, they want me to add the bold to the account and I won't.
    You are free to buy a Bold from at&t, but it won't be unlocked. And from what I can tell, they won't sell you an unlocked Bold period. The only way to unlock is to be a subscriber in good standing.

So to that affect, you're right. You can't buy an unlocked Bold through at&t.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    see now, I walked into AT&T and the STORE MANAGER told me that I could not buy a Bold without a number on AT&T. Regardless of a contract upgrade, regardless of the fact that I would be paying full price (over half a thousand dollars). she REFUSED unless I could provide a number on AT&T's network.

is anyone else having this problem? i'm tmo.
    dj flyy

ld-runner no está en línea Stack level 2
    i bought a Bold from cdw.com with no contract. just the device came in an AT&T box. (i have bought several blackberries from them like this). with my company discount it was $532. ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast