im new to this site but i would like to know how can i get ... BlackBerry Bold forum

diazs10 no está en línea Stack level 1

i need a lot of help

Advertisement

im new to this site but i would like to know how can i get videos on my bold to look just like the sample videos that comes with the phone?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Someone here can help you but I bet that the samples will always look better than anything we can download. The samples are optimised by big daddy RIM to look perfect!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I highly doubt the samples that came on the Bold were shot on a Bold. I think it was a professional commercial shot by BMW using expensive gear and just encoded to work on a Bold.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    There is no doubt the sample videos were not shot with the Bold.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by diazs10 View Post
    im new to this site but i would like to know how can i get videos on my bold to look just like the sample videos that comes with the phone?
    Man oh man, I don't think you can. When I try to record a video, I ususally have that line going through it continuously (like when your tv fuzzes when your bb is too close to it).
    Last edited by Kyo0tdemon; 12-08-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    There is no doubt the sample videos were not shot with the Bold.
    Amen.
    Last edited by Kyo0tdemon; 12-08-2008 at 07:36 PM.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Or is the OP talking about putting DVD's on the phone so that they look crisp?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by diazs10 View Post
    It depends on the video that you are putting on your bold. If ythe video looks clean and clear on your computer, it will look the same on your bold. You can not put HD videos on your bold; well I haven't figure that out yet.
    You need a real good video converter to convert the vid to your bold codec. I haven't figure the codec yet too. But some WMV you can play on the bold, and some AVI.
    I am testing some codecs and video types, I will let everyone know my findings.

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    I am willing to bet that the sample videos that came on the bold were HD quality before they were converted, I have since deleted them and am unable to check the size of the file. Can anyone post the file size?

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by novalovr66 View Post
    I am willing to bet that the sample videos that came on the bold were HD quality before they were converted, I have since deleted them and am unable to check the size of the file. Can anyone post the file size?
    I'm pretty sure as well that the videos were HD quality before being put on the bold.

The best video converter I have found so far for putting videos on my bold (although not free) is Cucusoft's ultimate dvd and video converter suite. I'm pretty sure there are better options out there though that might be more expensive, because with this software I'm only able to convert to .mp4 (one of the better formats for the bold) at a 1500 bitrate, but also at a full 24fps and 480x320 res...so its not bad. Ripping a dvd movie at this quality does show some color banding and artifacts, but its partially because the screen on the Bold is so damn sweet! I have converted entire seasons of many tv shows and some full length movies just fine so far and the only downside is that once you turn off the screen's auto dim and get into a movie its not long before your battery meter is gonna start to drop.

Its nice being able to watch full length dvds and tv shows ripped at high qualities and 480x320 resolution...but don't expect to get anywhere near the same battery life out of the phone afterwards.