Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I need to have a look at the coverage maps here to see if its ... BlackBerry Bold forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Advertisement

I need to have a look at the coverage maps here to see if its worth my while getting the bold. Not sure the coverage is great as I live in a nice quiet area. Only just got the upgrade from GPRS to EDGE not so long ago.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I hate you, I really do!!!

I'm joking, congrats, I wish I can get one!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    just ordered mine from rogers.... Hoping I like it.... I am not convinced on how it looks, but I love all the features in one phone though.....If i dont like it after a week i will post it FS.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ super jealous! Can't wait to get an unlocked one for Tmobz! Boo to tmo for not trying to get this amazing device.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Congrats on the new device. I have to agree, the stupid job is getting in the way of playing with my bold.

207B2324
    Bold Berry

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Got mine too! This was my first stop!! Gotta stack first thing. Be back later to update profile!

Updated my profile with new pin.

It is taking a little time to get used to the new browser, but all in all this 3G phone kicks some serious "donkey". I freaking LOVE IT!

Time to hack the Blackberry.alx file and see what waits in the theme department!!

DADDY IS IN HEAVEN!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 08-25-2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Update!

PIN/ID
    retired
    let me know what you find out about themes.... and how you did it with the software still installed. I dont think there is a software update for bold yet ??

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    let me know what you find out about themes.... and how you did it with the software still installed. I dont think there is a software update for bold yet ??
    Since there are so few carriers selling the Bold at this point, there aren't a lot of themes.

The Precision Telstra and the Precision Orange are very nice as is the silver.

Anyone else making themes for these things yet?

To get the other carriers' themes do this... There is an in-depth article about this somewhere... But here is the simple and dirty.

VISTA:

In c:\program files\common files\Research in Motion\shared\loader files\9000-v blah blah blah

Find the file Blackberry.alx and copy it to the desktop.

Open it with Notepad (or an txt editor) do a search for _vendorid

remove everything after the " preceeding _vendorid upto but not including the >

This: <fileset Colour="True" series="8300" radio="CDMA" Java="1.0" _vendorID="109">

Becomes: <fileset Colour="True" series="8300" radio="CDMA" Java="1.0">

(note: I used an 8330 file because my 9000 file is already hacked and didn't have a line with the _vendorid still in it - Same difference except for the model #)

Once the search no longer renders any results, close and save the file. Drag it back to it's original directory and jump through the VISTA hoops (authorizing the over-writing of the file). Plug in your Berry, fire up DTM and let it do it's thing.

The themes will now be in Options\Themes
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 08-26-2008 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Update
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it would be great if someone could post pics of the various unlocked vendor themes

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    congrats... hopefully ATT wont make me wait until nov for mine.

PIN/ID
    2831A313

Thumbs up Bold Carrier Themes

Here are some screenshots!

That's all she wrote. I suppose as more carriers start selling this amazing phone, more themes will be in the OS.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

amitb101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    bold is nice

waddeng no está en línea Stack level 3

22 Hours later

Hi All,

Thanks for all of the congrats and here is an update:

It is way harder for me to get used to the keyboard than I thought (coming from a pearl with suretype). I feel like I am just learning to type again.

Funny story: I decided that I liked the idea that I was able to type my password on the pearl using just 1 hand, so I changed my password on the Bold so that I was able to do just that.....only problem...I couldn't remember what password I used, so I ended up wiping everything out and starting again!

The reception on the phone is amazing - almost as good as any land line that I have used. Quite impressed.

I set up WIFI on my home network (I use static IP's with WEP & filtered MAC addresses). I really did not have much problem setting this up & the speed was amazing. As reported on other threads, the browser is smart enough to know when you are on WIFI and just uses that.

I have tried the internal GPS for the first time (didn't have it on my pearl) and am quite impressed with it. I think I am going to download a trial version of the GARMIN application today to see how that works with turn-by-turn voice updates.
    While driving right accross the City (Toronto to Brampton) I did not loose the 3G signal once (when I checked at stoplights only).

The stereo sound from the Bold media player is fantastic! I had the Bold in my holster playing the Magic CD (Springsteen) and my wife thought I had our portable CD player going.

Let me know if there is anything else anyone is interested in and I'll try to provide an update.

PIN/ID
    retired
    thanks for posting the theme pics and the instructions to enable the themes !!!

I think you will get used to the full keyboard, i have a curve now and have heard that this keyboard is the best of all them !!

1 more sleep till I get mine !!!

waddeng no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just found out something else funny.

I have the WIFI on and found out that someone near my work has an open Linksys wireless router near hear. My bold just automatically attached itself to this network and uses it instead of the 3G network. Free browsing!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast