Since I upgraded my OS to .545 on more occasions than not my emails from ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE

HTML Email

Advertisement

Since I upgraded my OS to .545 on more occasions than not my emails from a particular address (I receive about 30 a day from this email address) have been coming in as just text. On the odd occasion I will get one out of the 30 coming in as HTML from the same address. What has caused this and how can I fix it. At the weekend I updated my OS to .656 but the problem is still occurring.

I have tried rebooting etc but nothing. Just a note that with the original OS and the upgrade after that all of my emails from this address were HTML.

Any suggestions.??
    BB Forever - One Love (Sher)

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    With the risk of insulting your intelligence...did you check you settings to enable HTML Email? Go to email settings in message options. Maybe the upgrade reset to text.

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I will ignore the intelligence bit!!

Yes its all set up as receive email as HTML. Just thought i would let you know this is not my first Blackberry but am now on my third one. If you read my email you will see that it used to work with the original OS and my first upgrade to 423.

Anybody else got any other suggestions?

This is just a shot in the dark - is it possible that some of the emails from that address are being sent html, and others as text? For example, some emails from that address are sent from a pc, others sent from a BlackBerry, and maybe the PC is set to send text. Of course it started with an OS upgrade on your device, so like I said - shot in the dark!!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...and the sender of the HTML mail is using his Microsoft Outlook program to send e-mails, in HTML format? Could be...

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    No. Its from a particular website (similar to Facebook) where you get messages from people. For instance today I received 5 emails and only one out of the five was in HTML the rest in text. When I click on the menu key and scroll down to the option to get HTML it is not there. Yet if I go into the message that comes through in HTML the option for Text is there. Its just random yet it never used to happen before the upgrade? Although its not a problem as such, its just really annoying!!

Thanks for your help so far!

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hi Sherobin- i dont think you are alone on that- i occasionally get emails from overstock dot com and most of them come in as txt-- no images
    im pretty sure its a problem on their end and not ours-- because im able to see all other emails correctly
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Try this fix guys:
    Go to your messages folder and hit options
    Go to email settings
    *enable html email set to yes
    *download images automatically set to yes
    *confirm external images download set to no.

now open the email from that specific address and select get images, this should fix the issue and once u get and email from that same address you should have no more probs

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ea- I don't think is a setting issue as we can get emails from other ppl and images are able to load. I think is the way the emails from that specific person are encoded

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well then I guess there is not much to do....

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I am still going to give it a try and see what happens. At the end of the day its a random thing so it may not work but at least I tried something. Do not have an email at present to test it on as I have deleted them all. Its just weird because every other email I receive from that particular site comes through in HTML. Its just messages that dont (apart from the odd one now and again!!)... Very weird indeed!!