Hi everyone; I once read a post that had a bunch of ALT commands including ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

How to delete deleted emails

Advertisement

Hi everyone;
    I once read a post that had a bunch of ALT commands including one that deleted all the deleted files off the system.
    Does anyone have a list of the ALT commands and in particular the specific command to delete from the system deleted emails and pics?

Thank you very much

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    ALT L G L G will allow you to access the "System Log" and you can delete that log.

I don't know of the other ALT commands you are talking about but I'm sure someone else will come along and post the ones that do exist.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

thanks, not exactly what I was looking for!
    The command I am looking for allows the user to delete for example the deleted outgoing messages I just deleted!
    I'll keep searching until I find the answer! This command allows you to free up a lot of memory otherwise taken up by deleted files.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Your kind of describing a battery pull or phone restart. That clears memory causing what your mentioned. I've never heard of any ALT commands that are default which do that? Any chance it's a BES only option?

What I am looking to do is to delete the files that have been deleted; just like you do on a PC or Mac where you can empty your trash or recycle bin!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't think the BB OS handles deleted Data in the same fashion as Windows or a Mac. When you delete it from the phone it's gone. It may remain on the email server depending on how it's setup (IMAP, POP, BES etc) but there is no recycle bin or trash can on the Blackberry. IDK maybe I'm missing it and will learn something new here.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You're correct, Steve.....once it's deleted, it's gone.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Tessitori, I looked up some websites that had easy to read step by step info on shortcuts and ALT key commands for the Blackberry Bold. When u click on the link, scroll down and it will give u a complete list in Bullet form of all the Shortcut commands, hope this helps. I added it to my bookmarks for quick reference. BTW, thanks for saying that, RoGro and Srl. Good work.

Here is the link:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...kberry9000.jsp

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    RoGro and srl7741 are correct. There is no "recycle bin" on a blackberry. Once it's gone from the BB it's gone unless you restore from backup. You can select what you sync with a PC. If you're referring to deleted emails as the subject states, it depends on whether you're on BES or BIS. On BES, it will not delete them from your deleted folder in your Outlook mailbox. If you're on BIS using POP3, it will not put them in the trash folder.

Hope that helps and wasn't too confusing.

ok, Thank you everyone for your input!
    Much appreciated!